Thursday, October 20, 2016

Wonderous Barn Door Wreath

Yesterday was my first daytime club.  I added this about a week ago and was pleased to have interest in it the very first week!  What a blessing.

I have chronic fatigue so with the extra class I'm a little low on energy today, even after 10 hours of sleep and waiting to clean up until this morning!  It will take me a day or so to recoup.  I'd better do so quick!  I'm watching my 3 grandsons on Saturday and a pup that they are babysitting.  Don't want to be tired that day! 

This is one of the four projects we made in our October Stamp Club.  It reminds me of a barn door. 



The background layer is Old Olive and the base card layer is Very Vanilla

We stamped the Hardwood stamp in Basic Gray ink on Cherry Cobbler card stock.

TIP:  If you are using the Hardwood stamp for the first time, (Clear mount stamps use the Clear F block).  With the stamp mounted, lay the block upside down so the stamp is facing you, then apply the ink.  Carefully lay the cardstock on the stamp with a piece of scrap paper on top of that, the carefully, holding the paper in place rub your hand over the entire stamp to apply the ink, then lift off the scrap paper and the cardstock. This method is much easier that trying to stamp the cardstock in the traditional method and more successful in getting a uniform stamped image. 

We used the Wonderous Wreath Stamp set.  The wreath with the most leaves, was stamped on a 3-1/2" square piece of Very Vanilla, with Delightful Dijon.  The next wreath was stamped in Old Olive and the berries on the wreath was stamped in Cherry Cobbler.

With the Petite Petals stamp set  we stamped 3 flowers in Cherry Cobbler and 2 in Crushed Curry and then punched them out with the Petite Petals punch. 

TIP:  If you place the flowers on the Stampin' Pierce Mat and then take the end of your stylus from your Simply Scored board, press in the middle of the flower and it will give your flowers a 3D look.

Three of the flowers were affixed with Glue Dots and two with Dimensionals and then Basic Pearls were placed on each of the flowers.

TIP: I have found that using the Paper Piercer for lifting the pearls/glue dots from the sheet they are one and placing them on the item makes it so much easier and can place them more accurately where I want them. 

The sentiment is from the Endless Thanks stamp set, stamped on a " piece of Very Vanilla in Cherry Cobbler and die cut with one of the dies from Project Life Cards and Labels Framelits.  The leaf is stamped twice in Old Olive, once full strength and a second generation stamp of to the side, then the ends were folded under to raise it and give it a 3D effect. 

I really like this card is looks so Autumny, is that a word?  Probably not. :-) The colors are so rich and fall like. I love all the seasons and welcome each one as it comes.  Though winter, here in Minnesota could be a little shorter with the hazardous driving on icy roads and foot deep snow.  Now that I'm retired I don't have to deal with that on a daily basis.  But I digress.

Here is info on the makings of the card. 

Cardstock Dimensions:
Very Vanilla: 5.5 x 8.50 scored at 4.25
                   3.5 x 3.5 for wreath
                   1 x 6 for flowers
                   1 x 6 for sentiment
Old Olive: 5.25 x 4
Cherry Cobbler: 5 x 3.75

Supplies:
  


 
Wondrous Wreath
#135047

 
Hardwood Stamp
#133035

 
Petite Petals Stamp set
#133155

 
Endless Thanks stamp set
#138796

 
Wonderful Wreath Framelits
#135851

 
Project Life Cards & Labels Framelits
#135707

 
Very Vanilla cardstock
#101650

 
Cherry Cobbler cardstock
#119685

 
Old Olive cardstock
#10002

 
Basic Gray Archival Stampin' Pad
#140932

 
Cherry Cobbler Stampin' Pad
#126966

 
Crushed Curry  Stampin' Pad
#131173

 
Old Olive Stampin' Pad
#126953

 
Delightful Dijon Stampin' Pad
#138327

 
Pearl Basic Jewels
#119247

 
Dimensionals
#104430

 
Mini Glue Dots
#103683



 
Snail
#104332



 
Big Shot
#113439



 
#118483



 
Magnetic Platform
#130658



 
Simply Scored Scoring Tool
#122334



 
Paper Piercing Tool
#126189



 
Stampin' Pierce Mat
#126199



 
Stampin' Trimmer
#126889



 

 Images © Stampin' Up!

Thank you so much for stopping in today!  If you enjoy my blog I hope you will subscribe.  Love to know who my online friends are! 

For my international friends would love to hear what country you are from in the comments section and if there is anything I can do to make your visit more enjoyable.

Take care and have a blessed day!

Sharon
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tips on Organizing new stamp sets & dies/bundles and using Pinterest

 Not being organized makes me go in a tizzy!  I like to be able to put my hands on a stamp set when I'm creating a card.  Looking for a ...