Saturday, October 1, 2016

Tea Lover's Gift Box

If you have been following my blog you know that I have been working on little projects for the upcoming craft fairs. 

Today's is a cute little gift box for the tea lover's in your life.  The only requirement is that the tea bags must be the kind that are enclosed in the little foil packets.  One, so your recipient knows what kind of tea it is and two for obvious reasons, sanitation.  Brown and Bigelow have a nice selection of teas in the foil packets as well as Twinnings and both are readily available in most grocery stores. 

TIP: If your gift recipient does not like tea you could also use Folgers coffee bags, I've found them at most major grocery stores.  I can only drink decaf and when I visit, my friends don't always have decaf coffee, so if I put a few of these in my suit case I can still have my decaf coffee with my friends in the morning. I think they taste pretty good too!

I used my Stampin' Trimmer to do my scoring but you could also use your Simply Scored Board if you have that. 

Here's a little video on how it's put together. 





Supplies and measurments:

Whisper White cardstock for wrap – 11" x 3-¼″
Score wrap at 3 ½", 4 ¾", 8 ½", 9 ½"
Whisper White cardstock for inner – 4" x 3″
Score inner at ½" , 1", 1-½", 2", 2-½", , 3", 3-½"
Envelopes for tea bags – (4 pieces) 5" x 5″  score/punch first line at 2-3/8
DSP Pieces – 3" x 1", 3" x 1-¼" , 3" x 1-½" 
Burnish the score marks on both the white pieces.
The larger piece gets the three 3" DSP pieces adhered to it on the front and top panels.  I use tiny little Velcro dots to secure the gift box closed.  You could also use a little embellishment (such as a flower or embellished circle, etc), fastened below the top flap and tuck the top flap behind the embellishment.
The little white piece is folded, accordion style. Please used either Fast Fuse or another strong adhesive to adhere this to the inside of the outside wrap.  When adhering, it should look like a W with the two ends facing up.
Using the Envelope Punch Board, make the 4 envelopes with the first score mark at  2 3/8".
Using a strong adhesive, attached these to the little accordion piece, two facing right and two facing left with all facing towards the center. 
Insert the tea bags. Embellish the front, either with something that will hold the top flap closed, if you are not using Velcro dots, or something else to the top flap, whatever your little heart desires!
Hope you enjoy this! 
Supplies:
Simply Scored
#127853
 
  
Envelope Punch Board
#133774
 
 
 
 




Stampin' Trimmer
#126889


Whisper White cardstock
#100730


Candy Cane Lane DSP
#141981


Candy Cane Lane Bakers Twine
#141983



Fast Fuse Adhesive
#129026














Images © Stampin' Up!


Would love to hear if you enjoyed this and if there is something you would like to see as a tutorial.

Till next time!

Take Care & God Bless

Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tips on Organizing new stamp sets & dies/bundles and using Pinterest

 Not being organized makes me go in a tizzy!  I like to be able to put my hands on a stamp set when I'm creating a card.  Looking for a ...