Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Deconstructed Snowman

There are a lot of shaker cards out there with snowmen in them. Well this is my twist on those.

You know how on food shows they talk about "deconstructed" foods, like tacos, pot roast, or chicken pot pie.  Well, I had this idea in the wee hours this morning, my card is a shaker card with a deconstructed snowman!  Actually one year I sent a deconstructed snowman in a jar to my cousin in Florida it was in water with a hat, carrot, & buttons floating about.  This is a take on that. 


In the shaker I have a three snowballs, 2 made from the 3/4" punch and 1 from the 1/2" punch. Then I sponged the ends with Smokey Slate. I stamped the top hat with Black Archival ink, as well as the buttons and bowtie from Snow Place stamps and cut out with the coordinating Framelits.  The buttons I punched out individually with the 1/4" punch. 

The carrot I cut out from a scrap of orange cardstock into a triangle.  The "snow" is some "Angel Dust" I got from a friend of my after my husband died.  It had a little poem on the back about  Guardian Angels and missing a loved one. 

The Candy Cane Stripes are stamped in Cherry Cobbler with stamps from the Candy Cane Christmas stamp set.

The jar was cut with the largest jar Framelit from the Everyday Jars Framelit set.

The ribbon was a scrap of ribbon that I had from something else, the only thing I had that matched Cherry Cobbler. 


Supplies:
available at my online store: www.sharonbrennan.stampinup.net




Jar of Cheer

#142161


Snow Place

#139738


 

 

Snow Friends

#139664





Everyday Jars

#141940


 
 
 
Window Sheets

#142314


 

 
Whisper White Cardstock

#100730


 

Black Archival

#140931



 
Cherry Cobbler

#126966



Soft Suede

#126978



Smokey Slate

#131179



Foam Strips

#141826



Glue Dots

#103683



Dimensionals

#104430



¼” Circle Punch

#134364



½” Circle Punch

#119869



¾” Circle Punch

#119873



Sponge Daubers

#133773



Big Shot

#113439

 
Images © Stampin; Up! 
 
Thanks for taking time out of your day to stop in.  If you like my projects, please subscribe. 
At the end of the month I will choose one lucky subscriber and send them a little something in the mail.
 
Til next time, my friends, take care and God Bless! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tips on Organizing new stamp sets & dies/bundles and using Pinterest

 Not being organized makes me go in a tizzy!  I like to be able to put my hands on a stamp set when I'm creating a card.  Looking for a ...