Saturday, October 15, 2016

Halloween Candy Tote

With Halloween coming up I wanted to give the ladies in my stamp club a little treat.  I saw this by several people on Pinterest, so here is my version.


These are so easy and quick to make, you could literally pump out quite a few in an hour.  I filled mine with Hershey Nuggets with almonds, both in Milk and Dark Chocolate.

Here's a little video and below are some written instructions with a few photos.



Instructions:

  1. Start with a 6" x 6" piece of DSP, I used the Halloween Night Specialty DSP available in the 2016 Holiday catalog which coordinates with the stamp set and Edgelits.  Stampin' Up! is doing more of this, calling them Suites, where everything goes together, cardstock, inks, DSP, markers, etc. 
  2. Using your Envelope Punch Board, line up the left edge of the paper at the 1 3/8" line.  Punch and Score.
  3. Slide the paper over to the 4" mark, punch and score
  4. Rotate the paper to the left, lining up the score lines with the marker on the punch board, punch and score on both score lines
  5. Rotate the paper and continue doing the same on the remaining sides.
  6. 6. Should look like this after punching
    and scoring cardstock
  7. Using the rounder on the punch board round all the four points.

  8.  
    7. Cutting along score lines

    
  9. Then taking your paper snips, cut along the score lines, up to the first score line, on the sides with the wider points.
   8. With a 1" circle punch, make a hole in the larger points to make a handle.
8. Making handles with circle punch
9. Put adhesive long bottoms of cut lines, only along the bottom, you want the inside to be free.
9. Adding the adhesive
10. Attached the flaps with the adhesive to the bottom of the outside of the tote.
10.  Affix the flaps to the sides. 
11. The little side flaps you can either tuck inside the tote or to the outside.  Use a glue dot to secure it.

11, Secure the side flaps

Now to embellish it.  For mine I used the Halloween Scenes Edgelits and the Spooky Fun Stamp Set, which you have the option of purchasing as a bundle or individually.  You will save $$ by buying the bundle.  I always get the bundle to make my cards more dimension.

  1. I stamped the triple pumpkin on some Pumpkin Pie cardstock with Pumpkin Pie ink to give it a tone on tone effect. I used the Stampin' Pierce Mat under the cardstock because these are Photopolymer Stamps and it gives it a sharper image. 
  2. Then colored the stems with a green marker, in this case I used a retired marker, Mossy Meadow but Od Olive would also be a great choice or even Crumb Cake for a brown stem. Right now, you can get the Pumpkin Pie and Old Olive Stampin' Write Markers in the 2016 Holiday Catalog as a pair. 
  3. The pumpkins, the bat and the fence are die cut with the Framelits.  The fence is cut out of Basic Gray and the bat, out of Basic Black.  The fence will not cut along the bottom but will leave a score mark.  I think that it doesn't cut so that the you can have a straight edge for the bottom of the card.  This is only my guess. 
  4. I then trimmed the fence using the score line at the bottom as a guide, and cut it about 1/8" away.  I then cut it  to fit the width of the tote and glued onto the tote with Tombow. 
  5. The pumpkin is affixed to the front with a couple of Dimensionals and the bat with a Glue Dot.
  6. I used 12" of black ribbon (non SU) and tied it in a bow to the handle of the tote. You could also use a mini clothes pin, a clip or baker's twine.   

Voila! You are finished. 

Supplies:

 
Spooky Fun Photopolymer Stamp Set
#142236
 
 
 
Halloween Scenes Edgelits
#141842
 
 
Spooky Fun/Halloween Scenes Bundle
#144437


 
Halloween Nights Corresponding Cardstock
Basic Gray/Pumpkin Pie
#142023


Basic Gray Cardstock
#121044
 
Pumpkin Pie Cardstock
105117
 
 
Halloween Nights
Specialty Designer Series Paper (DSP
#14202

 

 
 
Basic Black Cardstock
#121045

 
Pumpkin Pie Stampin' Pad
#1269445


Old Olive/Pumpkin Pie Stampin' Write Markers
#142032
 
 

 
 
Envelope Punch Board
#133774
 
Stampin' Trimmer
#126889


 
Big Shot
#143263


 
Magnetic Plate
#130658


 
Silicone Craft Mat
#127853


 
Stampin' Pierce Mat
#129199
 

 
One Inch Circle Punch
#119868
  
Paper Snips
#103579


  
Bone Folder
#102300


Clear Block "C"
#118486

 
Dimensionals
#104430

 
 
 
Mini Glue Dots
#103683
 
Multipurpose Glue
#110755



 

Tear & Tape
#138995



These could be made for any season or occasion.  They would be cute for a bridal or baby shower or even a birthday.  I think I will make some for my 3 grandsons for the next time I see them.

Hope you enjoyed this.  If you enjoy my posts, please subscribe and leave me your comments. 

If you have any questions or would love to see a technique let me know. 

Until next time, have a great day and my God bless you!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Tips on Organizing new stamp sets & dies/bundles and using Pinterest

 Not being organized makes me go in a tizzy!  I like to be able to put my hands on a stamp set when I'm creating a card.  Looking for a ...