Friday, October 28, 2016

Magic Halloween

Last weekend I had the honor of babysitting my 3 grandsons.  I say honor because I don't get the opportunity very often and they are the 3 best kids I know.  They are so well behaved, don't get me wrong they still get into stuff, but it's usually stuff that makes me laugh.  They are 2, 6 and 10 and adorably cute.  At least in my "unbiased" opinion.  ;

The 6 year old loves interactive cards so I thought - oh, a magic card!  I always wanted to make one.  So I made three Halloween magic slider cards, they always get their own individual cards for the holidays.  When I delivered them, they didn't quite know what to do with them.  It did have the 10 year old baffled for a little bit.  I think I liked them more than the boys did.  So back to the drawing board for Christmas. 

Here are the cards that I made.



I used two of the new Halloween sets in the 2016 Stampin' Up! Holiday catalog, Jar of Haunts and the bundle Spooky Fun stamp set and the Halloween Scenes Edgelits. 

This is what they look like when they are pulled open:




Here are my three adorable grandsons and me.






They were a lot of fun to make, but I did learn a couple things. 
  • One was when you are closing up the back of the card, the instructions I saw mentioned putting Dimensionals along the sides, I ended up taking them out, my slider kept getting caught on it.  Maybe I didn't it wrong. 
  • The second thing I did was put a Dimensional edge on the bottom of the Window Sheet and the top of where it slides out, where you couldn't see it on the Pumpkin Pie, as stoppers. 
  • Third, I used a Project Life Cards and Labels Framelit to make my window instead of cutting it open with the Paper Trimmer. Not the largest one, the second largest.

Instructions:

I'm not going to reinvent the wheel.  Here is a video from Stampin' Up showing how they are made.



 
 Supplies:




 
Spooky Fun/Halloween Scenes Bundle
#144437



 
Spooky Fun Stamp Set
#142236



 
Halloween Scenes Edgelits
#141842



 
Jar of Haunts Stamp Set
#142247



 
Basic Black cardstock
#121045



 
Pumpkin Pie cardstock
#104117



 
Old Olive cardstock
#100702



 
Halloween Nights Designer Series paper
#253033



 
Window Sheets
#253
25



 
Whisper White cardstock
#110430




 
Stazon Ink
#101406

 
Crushed Curry stamp pad
#131173

 
Pumpkin Pie stamp pad
#126945

 
Pumpkin Pie/Old Olive Markers
#112032

 
Aqua Painters
#103954

 
Fast Fuse
#129029

 
Big Shot
#113439

 
Project Life Cards & Labels Framelits
#135707

 Images © Stampin' Up!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tips on Organizing new stamp sets & dies/bundles and using Pinterest

 Not being organized makes me go in a tizzy!  I like to be able to put my hands on a stamp set when I'm creating a card.  Looking for a ...