Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Stately Evergreen Tree

Hi Stampers,

Our second card at our Stamp-A-Stack class is a stamp from one of my favorite sets, "Lovely As A Tree".  When selecting cards for our class I try to select those that are not only quick to make but, more importantly, nice to look at, something that I would be proud to give as well as receive.

With the Whisper White layer, stamp it with the tree stamp and the sentiment.  Then run it through the Big Shot, using the Softly Falling embossing folder, making sure that the biggest flurry of snow flakes are at the top. 

Tip: when putting embossing folders through the Big Shot, make sure that the folded side goes in first, this will save putting extra stress on the folder.  If you put it in open side first, eventually the fold will crack from the pressure being pushed to the fold. I put a little label on the top of my handle to remind me and the class members.

Affix the stamped image layer to the base layer of the card.  Using about 12" of ribbon, wrap the ribbon around the front, from the inside.  Tie a bow, trim the ends and you are done!


Dimensions:

Old Artichoke:
Card Base 8.5 x 5.5, scored at 4.25

Whisper White:
5.25 x 4


Supplies:




 
Lovely as a Tree stamp set
#127793




 
Always Artichoke cardstock
#105119




 
Always Artichoke Stampin' Pad
#126972




 
Whisper White cardstock
#110730




 
Big Shot
#113439







 
Softly Falling Textures Embossing Folder
#139672





 
Snail Adhesive
#104332





 
Paper Snips
#103579




















No comments:

Post a Comment

Tips on Organizing new stamp sets & dies/bundles and using Pinterest

 Not being organized makes me go in a tizzy!  I like to be able to put my hands on a stamp set when I'm creating a card.  Looking for a ...