Friday, October 14, 2016

Jar of Haunts

Put together this slider card this morning using Jar of Haunts and the Sliding Star Framelits.  I made a similar one earlier using the Christmas version, Jar of Cheer Framelits. Don't think I posted that one.  Sorry for the glare on the bottom right side.  I had put a sleeve on it to keep it from getting bumped and bruised. 



The colors on the candy corn are Pumpkin Pie and a retired yellow marker that I had but So Saffron might also work. (Right now in the Holiday Catalog you can by the Pumpkin Pie Stampin' Write marker with Old Olive, otherwise the only way you can get them is in the 10 pack in the Color Groups.  I didn't have Pumpkin Pie so I took advantage of this opportunity!)  I stamped them all out in Smokey Slate, 2 in the jar, and 4 stamped and fussy cut and put 2 sets on the washers with a Dimensional in between. One set down in the lower right corner too look like candy falling out of the jar and the last set up in the other right corner. When I left it out it looked a little bare, so let me know if you think I needed it. 

I have found that if my slider doesn't move too smoothly I double up on the Dimensionals between the washers/pennies (I like to use washers). If you also want to use washers, look for the Fender Washers with the smaller hole in the middle in the 3/4" diameter size.  I found mine at our local home improvement store, Menards. There were 6 in a pack for $.99.

I stamped the pumpkin on Pumpkin Pie cardstock and used Pumpkin pie ink for a tone on tone effect and then fussy cut it out.  I also did this with the pumpkin stem and used the retired Mossy Meadow, also with the tone on tone technique. I attached the stem to the front of the pumpkin with a glue dot and then I affixed it to the card with 3 Dimensionals, putting one where the stem and pumpkin intersect so secure the stem a little bit more.

I used the Halloween Night DSP for the background, with Pumpkin Pie for the middle layer and Basic Gray for the card base layer.  The Halloween Night cardstock is in the Holiday Catalog and comes in a pack with both the Pumpkin Pie and Basic Slate in 12 x 12 sheets.

Supplies:




 
Jar of Haunts
#142247



  
Sliding Star Framelits
#141820
 
 



 
Halloween Night DSP
#142022





 
Halloween Night Cardstock
#142023





  
Whisper White cardstock
#10070

 

  
Pumpkin Pie Stampin' Pad
#126945
 




Smokey Slate Stampin' Pad
#131179
 



  
Pumpkin Pie & Old Olive Stampin' Write Markers
#142032

 


Snail
#104332

 
 




 

Dimensionals
#104430


 


Mini Glue Dots
#103683

If you enjoy my posts, please subscribe.  I would enjoy getting to know my online friends.

Would love to hear if you like this! Until next time, take care and God bless you!
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tips on Organizing new stamp sets & dies/bundles and using Pinterest

 Not being organized makes me go in a tizzy!  I like to be able to put my hands on a stamp set when I'm creating a card.  Looking for a ...