Thursday, October 6, 2016

How to make a square envelope with the Envelope Punch Board

A little while ago I had a square card that I made in a class.  So I took out my Envelope Punch board to make an envelope, only to find out there wasn't a square envelope that would fit my card.  So with a little patience and a lot of scrap paper I came up with a way to make one. 

I took the card measured it and looked at my Envelope Punch board for a size that was the closest for the paper size, I found you really didn't need to allow for room, since the punch board does this for you.  I took that paper size and made it square. In this case my card was 4-3/4" x 4-34", my paper size was 8" For my first score mark, I divided the paper size in half, then my first score mark would be at 4" and this worked out to be the same score mark all they way around.

Here's a little video to show you what I mean:


I also took some scrap paper and made a few envelopes to find out what sizes they would make.  Here are those sizes:

Paper Size = Envelope Size (square)
4" x 4" =      2-1/4"
5" x 5" =      3-1/8"
6" x 6" =      3-3/4"
7" x 7" =      4-1/4"
8" x 8" =      4-7/8"
8-1/2" x 8-1/2" = 5-1/2"

I hope this gives you a starting point for making your own square envelopes. If you have any question, let me know.


Envelope Punch Board
#133774

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tips on Organizing new stamp sets & dies/bundles and using Pinterest

 Not being organized makes me go in a tizzy!  I like to be able to put my hands on a stamp set when I'm creating a card.  Looking for a ...