Thursday, October 13, 2016

Star of Light

I fell in love with this stamp set the moment I saw it in this year's  Stampin' Up! Holiday catalog. I think it's the galaxy/constellation stamp that I love the most.  It looks so elegant and simple.  So late last night I came up with this design. 

I do most of my card making either early in the morning  or late at night.  I have a son that lives with me and he works nights and sleeps days.  My townhouse is pretty open so I try to keep the noise down during the day.  It never fails if I try to do some stamping when he's sleeping I always drops something.  One day it was one of my big punches and it landed on my foot.  Those things hurt when they land on your toes! It was black and blue for A MONTH! 

Anyway, after my son left for work last night I went up and came up with these about 11:00, after I worked on another card & design.  I did one in silver and one in gold, I wasn't sure that which I would like best.  But I love both of them.




I love the phrases on this set.  It helps me try to imagine what the night of our Lord's birth might have been like.  Cold, clear, lots of stars and very still except for the angels singing.  Do you ever wonder what it was like that night?

This is my interpretation of it.  Well, one of them.

Both cards are embossed and have a foil background.  The top layer is affixed to the foil with Snail and the foil has Dimensionals on it.  One important tip is to use the Embossing Buddy over the cardstock before you stamp it with the VersaMark and sprinkle the embossing powder over it.  It helps to keep the embossing powder from sticking to places it shouldn't. 

I'd love to hear what you think of them.




Shopping List:

 
 
Star of Light Photopolymer Stamp Set
#142110
 
 
Whisper White Cardstock
#100730

 


Silver Foil Sheets
#132178

Gold Foil Sheets
#132622
 
Silver Embossing Powder
#109131
 
Gold Embossing Powder
#1009129
 
Embossing Buddy
#103083



Heat Gun
#129053
 
Stampin' Pierce Mat
 #126199
 
Snail
#104332
 
Multipurpose Glue
#110755
 
Tear N Tape
#139899
 
 


 Images © Stampin' Up!

All these supplies are available at my online store: www.sharonbrennan.stampinup.net

Thank you for stopping by today!  Until next time, have a great day, and may God bless you!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tips on Organizing new stamp sets & dies/bundles and using Pinterest

 Not being organized makes me go in a tizzy!  I like to be able to put my hands on a stamp set when I'm creating a card.  Looking for a ...