Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Nailed It! - Fun Toolbox card!

Hi friends,

It's been a while since I posted.  The last of March and April, so far, have been eventful.  I had a dear uncle and cousin, both passed away on the same day.  They were uncle and nephew to each other. My favorite uncle, on my mom's side, was 97 when he pass.  My cousin, was 87.  I am close with one of his daughters. 

Ironically last year at my dad's funeral I handed her a card for her birthday at my dad's funeral.  This year, at her dad's funeral, she hand delivered one to me.  My birthday rested between both of their funerals.  So I was gone for a week for the funerals and visitations.

After I got back it took me a week to  recoup, due to my chronic fatigue.  Well, I rested up enough to attend Stampin' Ups Onstage Local in Minneapolis!  What a blast!  (I'm still recouping) Lots of fun new products to play with and got the NEW 2017-2018 catalog.  I was able to place my Pre-Preorder!  Demonstrators who did not attend Onstage can preorder in May, we got to preorder this weekend! So, when I get my order, I will be able to show you my goodies!  Sorry can't show you the inside of the catalog until June. 

But I do want to share with you one of my favorite bundles from the Occasions catalog!   Nailed it stamp set and the Build it Framelits!  You can still order from the Occasions catalog until May 31!



I CASE'D this card from Rose Parker.  I made a couple small changes.  In the video I forgot to add the embellishments, the little screw heads.  Aren't they just darling? Well a guy probably wouldn't want to hear that. LOL. 

I also forgot to mention in the video that for the hammer, the saw and the screw driver handles I used a scrap of Soft Suede to cut them from.  I would also use a glue dot to secure the tools in the toolbox, unless, like me you have little ones who will love to play with them. I might make a few extra just for that reason.  :-)

Here's the video.  I'm trying out some alternative video techniques, so there's a few glitches here and there.  Hope you'll be patient and forgive me!



Here are the dimensions and supplies:

Basic Black cardstock:
1- 5-1/2" x 8-1/2", scored at 4-1/4"
1 - 1-3/4" x 5"

Crumb Cake cardstock:
1 - 4" x 5-1/4"
1 - 1-1/2" x 5"

Whisper White
1 - 4" x 5-1/4" for inside
1 - 2" x 2", cut on the diagonal for top sides of tool box

Soft Suede scrap about 4" x 2" for the handles of the tools


Here are the supplies:




 
Nailed It Bundle
#144735



 
Hardwood Stamp
#133035
 

  
Urban Underground Embellishments
#142786


 
Silver Foil
#132178



 
Crumb Cake cardstock
#120953



 
Soft Suede cardstock
#115318



 
Whisper White cardstock
#100730



 
Basic Black cardstock
#140931


 
Basic Black Archival
#140931







 

Crumb Cake
#126975


 

 
  
Glue Dots
#103683

 
  
Dimensionals
#104430

 


 
 
Tombow
#110755

 
Paper Snips
#103579



 
Paper Trimmer
#126889

 
Big Shot
#113439

 Images © Stampin' Up!


If you don't have a Stampin' Up! demonstrator I would love to be yours!  All the supplies can be purchased at my store:  www.sharonbrennan.stampinup.net.  All of my customers who have purchased in the last 6 months will be getting the new annual catalog that will be coming out June 1! 

There are lots of cool and exciting new toys to play with.  Can't wait to share them all with you!

Till next time,

Take care & God bless!

Sharon

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tips on Organizing new stamp sets & dies/bundles and using Pinterest

 Not being organized makes me go in a tizzy!  I like to be able to put my hands on a stamp set when I'm creating a card.  Looking for a ...