Friday, October 7, 2016

Get Well Dear Friend

One of my dear friends has been sick for over a week!  She's such a giving person always helping or doing something for someone. Every year, at least two or three times, suffers from horribly debilitating sinus infections.  I also used to suffer from this at least 2 or 3 times a year for years and years, and I would be out of work for at least a week at a time.  Then about 5 years ago I had surgery and, praise God, haven't had one since.  My good friend also had the surgery and it helped her for about a year and then, for whatever reason, they came back.  :-(

So using the Weather Together stamp set and Umbrella Weather Framelits, I made her this card.



I CASE'd it from Karen Spreckley with just a few changes.

The base is Very Vanilla, the bottom layer (5-1/4" x 4") is Pool Party

Using watercolor paper (5" x 3-3/4") and Bermuda Bay Stamp pad and Aqua Painters I colored the top layer.  I squeezed my stamp pad, while it was closed, to get some ink on the lid. When I opened it I dripped some of the water from my Aqua Painter into the ink on the lid.  With my Aqua Painter, I just made a few swishes across the watercolor card stock until I got a look that I liked. Then let it dry.

I stamped the sentiment in Crumb Cake on the bottom of the Watercolor cardstock, "Wishing you brighter days".

The umbrella handle was stamped in Crumb Cake on Very Vanilla and cut out with the corresponding Framelit and attached to the base layer with a couple of Glue Dots.

The umbrella was stamped in Flirty Flamingo on a scrap piece of Very Vanilla and then cut out with the whole umbrella Framelit.  I also took one of the small trim umbrella Framelits and cut a piece out with Very Vanilla and attaching that to the bottom of the umbrella with a couple Glue Dots. The umbrella was attached with a few Dimensionals. 

It's hard to see but I cut out a couple clouds out of vellum and attached them with a couple of Glue Dots.  Don't use Tombow on the clouds, I found it makes the vellum curl up.  I also cut some of the raindrops out of vellum using the two raindrop Framelits.  To attach these I took my Paper Piercer, rolled up a Glue Dot with the tip of it, while it was still on the roll.  Then picked up the raindrop with the Glue Dot, still on the Paper Piercer and attached it to the paper with the Paper Piercer, holding it down with my finger and pulling the Paper Piercer away.  Worked pretty slick, cause those raindrops are TINY!  I attached a couple of rain drops to the umbrella too.

Supplies:

Weather Together Bundle
#142319

Very Vanilla cardstock
#101650




Pool Party
#122924
Watercolor cardstock
#122959

 
Bermuda Bay
#131171
Crumb Cake stamp pad
#126975



#103683


#104430


Snail
#104332
Paper Piercing Tool
#126189


Big Shot
#113439







 All of these supplies can be purchased at my online store, which is always open!  :-) I do so appreciate your patronage! 

If you don't have a Stampin' Up! demonstrator I would be honored to given the privilege of earning your business. 

Also, check out my new "Stamp of the Month" club!












 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tips on Organizing new stamp sets & dies/bundles and using Pinterest

 Not being organized makes me go in a tizzy!  I like to be able to put my hands on a stamp set when I'm creating a card.  Looking for a ...