Monday, October 10, 2016

Hey Buddy!

 
Well I hope you are not tired of my posts featuring the Cookie Cutter Christmas Bundle.  I'll give you all a break and make this one the last one for a bit. 



The main part of this card I made for a Collage Swap, that I ended up not going to but I thought it was so cute I decided to make it into a card. I like the little gingerbread man peeking out at his friend the penguin. 

The base layer is Real Red.  The Whisper White layer is embossed with the Brick Wall Textures Embossing folder.  Then I placed a strip of Candy Cane Lane DSP, I thought the little white dots looked like snowflakes.  The base of the top layer is Cherry Cobbler, with a layer of Crumb Cake on top of that.

The little Gingerbread man is stamped in Soft Suede (I like them a little darker, looks like real gingerbread to me) and the penguin is stamped in Basic Black Archival ink.  The igloo is punch out with my 2" circle punch and the 3/4" circle punch was used to make the doorway. I then ran it through the Big Shot using the Brick Wall embossing folder again.

The candy cane is stamped in Real Red and then fussy cut and attached with Glue Dots. 

When I attached the Whisper White Brick layer I used the Tombow glue, I find that it sticks a little better when something is embossed.

I used Dimensionals on the igloo and glue dots or Snail for everything else.


Supplies used:




Snow Place
#139738
Cookie Cutter Christmas Bundle
#143493 

















Real Red cardstock
#102482
 
Crumb Cake cardstock
#120953














Whisper White cardstock
#100730
Soft Suede Stampin' pad
#126978

Basic Black Archival Stampin' Pad
#140931


Real Red Stampin' Pad
#126949














Candy Cane Lane DSP
#141981


Brick Wall Textures Embossing Folder
#138288



Dimensionals
#104430


Snail
#104322


Glue Dots
#103683
Multipurpose Glue
#110755



Big Shot
#113439









 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tips on Organizing new stamp sets & dies/bundles and using Pinterest

 Not being organized makes me go in a tizzy!  I like to be able to put my hands on a stamp set when I'm creating a card.  Looking for a ...