Friday, February 14, 2020

Tropical Oasis Memories & More: Let's Go To The Beach!

I love all things related to the beach. Just ask my friends.  The ocean, beach side cottages, shells, salt air, the flowers, the colors of surf and sand and then there is surfing!

When I was young I wanted to move to California and try my hand at surfing, just like Gidget, my favorite show at the time.  Well, that is a dream that will never come to pass, I never made it farther west than the Rockies.

When I saw the Tropical Oasis Suite in the 2020 Mini Catalog I knew I had to have it!  Today I'm using the coordinating Tropical Oasis Memories & More Cards.  And there is a card that says "Let's Go To The Beach"!

Click here for the products I used

My absolute favorite paper in the suite is the paper with the "woody" cars. I love those old cars! When I had to cut this sheet of Tropical Oasis DSP for this card I almost went into shock!  It was like cutting my son's hair for the first time! No going back!


It's such a quick and easy card to do.  Well, for most people.  I decided that this card needed a surfboard!  Silly me!  So I made one.  I had a scrap piece of paper that had an oval punched out.  So on another scrap of wood pattern DSP I drew my surf board, using the oval as guide. The left side of the surf board was the widest part of the oval and the flipped it around for the other side, matching the ends at the top and bottom, then I cut off the bottom a bit to make it flat.

Here's a tip when die cutting the little flowers from the In The Tropic dies.  The centers are little bitty stars so my Dutch self just couldn't throw them away!  I used them to embellish the card! And the smallest flower I used on the surf board.  If I would have had a mini Hibiscus flower I would have loved to had that for the surfboard. I put a little Very Vanilla dot behind the flower.


The Memories & More card packs are great for fast and beautiful cards! (unless you are me and decide to make your own embellishment!)

Check for my other posts using the next Tropical Oasis Memories & More card!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tips on Organizing new stamp sets & dies/bundles and using Pinterest

 Not being organized makes me go in a tizzy!  I like to be able to put my hands on a stamp set when I'm creating a card.  Looking for a ...