Saturday, February 22, 2020

In The Tropics: Flashback to the 70's

Recently, I was making a valentine for one of my grandsons, punching out a bunch of circles for records.  (I'll show a card like it later). I had all these left over circles and it reminded me of a technique from a few years ago.  That led me to this card, which, when I finished reminds me of the hippie era, my 20's and all the flower children.

CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF THE SUPPLIES

I die cut a bunch of flowers with the die from the "In the Tropics" die set, in the "Tropical Oasis" suite.

I adhered them to a Soft Suede layer and then ran it through the Big Shot with the "Coastal Weave" 3D embossing folder.  When I finished it seems to be reminiscent of something from the 70's!

The sentiment,  I chose from the "Timeless Tropical" stamp set, really seemed to fit "a friendship like ours is timeless".

Have you tried this technique before? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tips on Organizing new stamp sets & dies/bundles and using Pinterest

 Not being organized makes me go in a tizzy!  I like to be able to put my hands on a stamp set when I'm creating a card.  Looking for a ...