Friday, February 21, 2020

February Paper Pumpkin Alternative - Happy Birthday

This morning when I woke up, I walked into my craft room, as I often do, and found I still had some of extra pieces from the February Paper Pumpkin kit on my desk.  I also had parts of  the coordinating SAB stamp set, "Happy Birthday To You" laying in a basket waiting...... So I started playing around with the bits and pieces and came up with this card.

CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF THE SUPPLIES USED

Funny thing is, one of the pieces from the Paper Pumpkin kit I planned on using, I ended up not using but had chose the Pretty Peacock cardstock as my card base because of it.  The background layer is Petal Pink. I colored the flowers with my Stampin' Blends in Petal Pink and Old Olive.

The Petal Pink layer is die cut with the second largest die from the "Stitched Rectangles" dies. 

The flowers in the upper corner are from the Happy Birthday stamp set, die cut with the coordinating "Birthday" dies.

The colors I used are Pretty Peacock, Petal Pink, Granite Gray (for stamping the images) and Old Olive.  I used on of the banners from the Paper Pumpkin kit, but cut it apart for the Birthday, from the Well Written dies, cut out of Copper Foil to match the copper metallic trim on the banner. I used the gorgeous sequins from the Paper Pumpkin kit.

This card will be going to a former friend and coworker.  Here birthday is tomorrow, but at least I have the right month, I think!  Happy Birthday Barb!

Not a Paper Pumpkin subscriber?  Well then let's take care of that now, click right here!

Be sure to sign up for March's Paper Pumpkin, everyone will get a FREE extra 4 x 6 stamp set!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tips on Organizing new stamp sets & dies/bundles and using Pinterest

 Not being organized makes me go in a tizzy!  I like to be able to put my hands on a stamp set when I'm creating a card.  Looking for a ...