Thursday, January 17, 2019

Wishing You Well

This is the second card we made in our January class.  The stamp set we used, is one, that I am happy to say, carried over from our 2018 Holiday catalog.  It's called "Wishing You Well"


We used the Stamparatus on this, stamping the greenery in Old Olive and the flowers in Blackberry Bliss. The sentiment is stamped in Memento Black.  I'm wishing I would have done a second stamp of the greenery, which is so easy with the Stamparatus!  I marked off the area for the card stock on the grid paper for easier alignment.

TIP: When using your Stamparatus you will get better impressions if you place your cardstock in the middle of the base, instead of the corner on the hinge side.

The bow in this stamp set is what attracted to me to it right off the bat!  Love that it looks like organza!  The bows were stamped in Blackberry Bliss. I stamped them all for the class and used my NEW ScanNCut to cut them all out for the class.  Or they can be fussy cut.  I know some people don't like to fussy cut or have a hard time with it, so it gave me a fun reason to use my new toy.

Retired Christmas DSP was used for the background layer and the Classic Label punch for the sentiment.  The sentiment was adhered with our Mini Dimensionals.  Love these little things.  TIP: if you have a hard time picking them up use your Paper Piercing tool or the Take Your Pick tool to lift them up and also to peel off the paper. 

Such a quick and easy card to make and a great way to use up retired DSP.  I'm going to make a set of these to give to a friend who has recently been injured.  They would make great Thank You or  Thinking of You cards.

Dimensions:

  • Whisper White: 4-1/2" x 3-3/4", 5-1/4 x 4 (inside) and a scrap for the sentiment & bow
  • DSP: 4-1/2 x 3-1/4"
  • Blackberry Bliss: 8-1/2" X 5-1/2", scored at 4-1/4"
SUPPLIES: 

Wishing You Well
#147864

 
Whisper White card stock
#100730
 
Blackberry Bliss card stock
#133675
 
Blackberry Bliss ink
#147092




Black Memento ink
#132708

 
Old Olive ink
#147090
 
Classic Label punch
#141491

Stamparatus
#146276
 
Snail adhesive
#104332
 
Mini Dimensionals
#144108


You can purchase all these supplies here!

And remember it's Sale-a-bration time!  For every $50 worth of product purchased you get a FREE item!

Let me know if you have questions. 

Happy stampin!  Have a blessed day!

Images: Stampin' Up! ©

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tips on Organizing new stamp sets & dies/bundles and using Pinterest

 Not being organized makes me go in a tizzy!  I like to be able to put my hands on a stamp set when I'm creating a card.  Looking for a ...