Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Best Catch! Great Masculine bundle!

I took a poll on my Facebook Group page (Cottage Lane Stamper and Friends) what they wanted to see next from the new Occasions catalog.  This was their choice, unanimously!  "Best Catch", on page 44 .  The Thinlets include some cute dies, fly fish hooks, smaller fish, some cattails, and fisherman. 

The stamps use the new Distinktive stamp process.   "Distinktive stamps create different opacities in a single stamped image for realistic depth and intensity."  They catalog has a blue icon by the stamp set to indicate that it is Distinktive. 


Here's the bundle:

Best Catch bundle #150605, $43.50
Save 10% by purchasing the bundle


I CASE'd this from Tracy Gray, who CASE'd it from Shelly Gardner, our co-founder of Stampin' Up!  She displayed it a our November 2018 OnStage conference.

I changed Tracy's up a little, since I didn't have everything that she had, but it's basically the same.  She water colored hers.  I tried that but didn't do as well as she.  So I used my Stampin' Blends, where I had a little bit more control.  I'm no artist!  :-)  I'm going to try using watercolor pencils next time.

I wish I knew what kind of fish this was supposed to be, or maybe it's a generic fish.  I worked at the Minnesota DNR for over 20 years, but not in the Division of Fisheries.  If one of my former coworkers knows, I hope they will let me know. 

This card took me a little time, just do to the trial and error of products I used.  I did used the same paper for the fish, basket, hat, etc as Tracy and that was Shimmer paper and stamped with Memento black ink.  I also put a little Wink of Stella on the fish, since fish seem to have an iridescent sparkle to them when you  pull them out of the water. 

Here are some other ideas from the catalog.



To purchase this great masculine bundle and get a free pdf, shop Here!  With just $7.00 more you can get something FREE from the Sale-a-Bration catalog, until March 31, 2019. 

Have someone, friend/family, who loves to fish this?  This would make a great card for them!

Happy Stampin' and Have a Blessed Day


Images: Stampin' Up! ©

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tips on Organizing new stamp sets & dies/bundles and using Pinterest

 Not being organized makes me go in a tizzy!  I like to be able to put my hands on a stamp set when I'm creating a card.  Looking for a ...