Thursday, January 17, 2019

First Frost - Double Z Fold Card

This third card was our most complicated, or involved card that we made for our January class called a Double Z Fold.


 








We used the First Frost stamp set, which was also carried over from our 2018 Holiday catalog.  In the Holiday catalog it was offered as a
bundle.  This is a beautiful stamp and die set!  I'm thrilled Stampin' Up! carried it over.

TIP on bundles:  They are offered as bundles in the initial catalog.  If it is carried over or in subsequent catalogs, they will no longer be offered as bundles.  If you like the bundle get it right away and save yourself 10% and a little heartache! Trust me I know!

The base is Soft Sea Foam, cut to 4-1/4" x 11", scored at 2-3/4" x 5-1/2"  You can use your Stampin' Trimmer or the Scoring Tool for scoring.

  • This is then embossed with our Quilt Top embossing folder. You will emboss one end and then the other. I would score first and then emboss, the paper might tear if done in reverse order, even though it may be difficult to see the scoring.    
  • When embossing the second end, I tried to match up the edge of the embossing with the pattern on the folder.
  • Burnish the scored edges with your bone folder.  Fold it in the pattern shown in the photos.

The next layer is Coastal Cabana, cut to 3-1/4" x 10", scored at 2-1/4" and 5". Burnish the edges with your Bone Folder

The 3 panels are Whisper White, 4-3/4" x 3", 2-1/2" x 3" and 2" x 3"

The branches are stamped in Pear Pizzazz, in a random pattern, as are the flowers.  I used both sizes of the flowers, stamping them in Coastal Cabana.

You may notice that these stamps are called Disinktive stamps, made to look like they have and etch dimensional look when stamped.  I love these Disinktive stamps!

The sentiment is stamped in Mossy Meadow, one of the returning former colors.  I'm so glad they brought this color back!

I attached the panels first, after stamping, to the Coastal Cabana card stock. Then I folded it into the base of Sea Foam.  Took my adhesive and put it on one edge of the Coastal Cabana card stock, adhered that, kept the whole thing folded and then put adhesive on the other end.  I wanted to make sure it didn't buckle when folded.

SUPPLIES:

Purchase your supplies HERE!

First Frost stamp set
#148420

Coastal Cabana card stock
#131297
 
Soft Sea Foam card stock
#146988
 
Whisper White card stock
#100730
Coastal Cabana ink
#147097
Mossy Meadow ink
#147111

Pear Pizzazz ink
#147104


Quilt Top embossing folder
#144687


Simply Scored Scoring Tool
#122334


Stampin' Trimmer
#126889


Bone Folder
#102300


Snail adhesive
#104332



Thanks for stopping by!

Happy Stampin'! Have a blessed day!


Stampin' Up! ©

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tips on Organizing new stamp sets & dies/bundles and using Pinterest

 Not being organized makes me go in a tizzy!  I like to be able to put my hands on a stamp set when I'm creating a card.  Looking for a ...