Thursday, January 17, 2019

Geared Up Garage - Masculine Valentine


Well January is off to a rocky start.  I hadn't had classes since October due to the death of my mother, the holidays and then some health issues afterward.  Seems one of my conditions decided to rear it's  ugly head the morning of my Wednesday a.m. class so I had to cancel at the last minute.

Happy news is, I had a new face at class on Tuesday night and possibly a new hair stylist!  And she lives in the neighborhood!  It was also  good to reconnect with class members/friends again on Tuesday night.

This is one of the cards we made using the "Geared Up Garage" bundle, which is part of a suite of products, including embellishments, DSP and ribbon which can all be found on page 43 of the Occasions catalog.  

Purchase this bundle with the DSP, embellishments or ribbon and get a free item from the Sale-a-bration catalog!



I CASE'D this from Frenchie Stamps.  There are so few masculine Valentine cards and I really love this one. 

First we die cut the heart with stitched heart from the "Meant to Be" bundle and the emblem from Garage Gears in Champagne foil.
Meant to Be Bundle
#150587


Then we embossed the heart using the Embossing Mats from page 221 of our 2018-2019 Annual catalog.  

I hadn't used the Embossing Mats too much until now.  It's a great way to extend the use of your Thinlits and Framelits.  Here is the "sandwich" for using the Embossing Mats.

  1. Big Shot Platform
  2. Clear Plate
  3. Die with cutting side up
  4. Card stock on top of die (if you are using foil, place it right side down)
  5. Silicone rubber mat (blue for a lighter impression, gray for a deeper impression)
  6. White Impressions pad.  










We stamped the sentiment and the also cut this out with the emblem shaped die, which fits perfectly in the space.  I adhered this first to the card and then the emblem around it, and adhered it using Glue Dots.

This stamp set is one of the new Cling stamps, which have just been released in this Occasions catalog.  Check out my video, located here on my blog,  on how to adhere the labels and another helpful tip for your Clear stamps. 

Here are the dimensions of the cardstock:

Whisper White, 5-1/4" x 4" (inside) and a scrap for the sentiment.
Champagne Foil 4" x 3-1/2" for heart and emblem
Basic Black 4-1/4" x 1-1/4", 5-1/2" x 4-1/4"
Cherry Cobbler 5-1/4" x 4"

SUPPLIES:

Geared Up Garage bundle
#150610
Geared Up Garage stamp set
#148590


Garage Gears
#148521


Be Mine Framelits
#148527




Cherry Cobbler
#119685


Whisper White
#100730


Champagne Foil
#144748

Basic Black
#121045



Embossing Mats
#146327




Memento Black Ink
#132708



Snail
#104332

Dimensionals
#104430


Glue Dots
#103683


Let me know if you have any questions.

Click  here to shop for supplies!  
Have a blessed day!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Tips on Organizing new stamp sets & dies/bundles and using Pinterest

 Not being organized makes me go in a tizzy!  I like to be able to put my hands on a stamp set when I'm creating a card.  Looking for a ...