Thursday, March 22, 2018

Happy Birthday Butterfly! March Card 2 - Using the Stamparatus

So excited to use my newest tool from Stampin' Up!™ , The Stamparatus!   It is great for 2 or 3 step stamping or repetitive stamping. Couldn't wait for my ladies to get a chance at it.

I chose the Watercolor Wings butterfly stamp set.  LOVE this set!  I've seen so many beautiful butterflies made with this. But it is especially fun to use with the Stamparatus, since each butterfly has 3 stamps to complete it (4 if you count the body). It really showcases the abilities of the Stamparatus.


It was a pretty simple card, especially when getting to play with the new toy!  If you are not familiar with the Stamparatus, it has 4 surfaces to put stamps on.  Two plates, one on the left and one on the top that are removable so you can flip them around. 


We used a template to place the butterfly in.  I took a piece of white cardstock and die cut the butterfly.  Then placed it on the base of the Stamparatus, holding it in place with the two magnets that come with it and it held the butterfly in place while stamping.

  • We stamped the background of the butterfly in Pool Party.  
  • Next layer with a little more detail we stamped in Bermuda Bay.  These were each on one plate on opposite sides.  
  • The third layer of the butterfly, and most detailed,  was stamped in Island Indigo as was the body.  Both of these were on the other plate on opposite sides.

The white layer of the card is Shimmer Paper and we did a wash with some Daffodil Delight and Aqua Painters.  Do this first so this layer has a chance to dry, while you stamp the butterfly.

The sentiment is stamped in Memento Black,because we used the Stampin' Blends - alcohol markers to color it. The sentiment is from the Label Me Pretty stamp set, and punched out with the Pretty Label punch.  We used Old Olive, Bermuda Bay, Pool Party and Daffodil Delight in both the light and dark color Blends. 

It was fun to see the different variations of the sentiment, since everyone just did their own thing.  To tell the truth I like theirs better than mine!  Hahaha

The Pool Party ribbon is Shimmer Ribbon from the Annual Catalog. (I absolutely love Pool Party!  I keep having to re-ink my stamp pad!)  We just made a loop and tucked it behind the sentiment. 

Oh I should mention when I affixed the butterfly I cut a small strip from the edge of my Dimensionals about an inch long and put it behind the body of the butterfly.  I also pinched the wings together a bit to make it look like it might just take off the card any minute.

Oooh, oooh, I forgot to mention, we also used a little Wink of Stella across the butterfly to give it a bit of shimmer.

I hope you enjoy making this card as much as I did.

DIMENSIONS

Whisper White cardstock

  • 3-1/2" x 2-1/2" butterfly
  • 2-1/2" x 1-3/4" sentiment label
  • 4" x 5-1/4" inside
Shimmer Paper
  • 4" x 5-1/4" front of card
SUPPLIES USED:

Watercolor Wings
#139424

Bold Butterfly Framelits
#138135

 
Label Me Pretty
#143861
 
Stamparatus
#146276
 
Whisper White cardstock
#100730
 
Shimmer Paper
#101910
 
Pool Party
#126982
 
Bermuda Bay
#13111
 
Daffodil Delight
#126944
 
Island Indigo
#126986
 
Daffodil Delight Re-inker
#119672
 
Memento Black
#132708
 
Pretty Label Punch
#143715
 
Pool Party Shimmer Ribbon
#144152

 
Pool Party Stampin' Blend - Dark
#144594

Pool Party Stampin' Blend - Light
#144595



































No comments:

Post a Comment

Tips on Organizing new stamp sets & dies/bundles and using Pinterest

 Not being organized makes me go in a tizzy!  I like to be able to put my hands on a stamp set when I'm creating a card.  Looking for a ...