Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Apron of Love: March Stamp Class Card #1

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this set, Apron of Love from the 2018 Stampin' Up!™ Occasions Catalog.  It caught my eye the first time I saw it.  Maybe because I love baking or because it is to darn cute and I have seen so many cute cards with it. 

This is the one we made in class last night:



I have to admit this isn't my design.  I CASE'd it from Terry Satomi from Japan.  Yesterday was the first day of spring and I thought it more than appropriate for that occasion, but that's not why I chose it.  I love the Pink Powder and Soft Sky colors.  (In true fashion of Minnesota, we had snow the first day of spring :-( )

The card base is Soft Sky, then there is a Powder Pink layer on top of that with the Whisper White layer on topped with the stamping.  

I found it easier to stamp the apron and pocket first and then die cut them.  

I cut the pocket and apron out first and then stamped the leaves where they would go.  I used a Post-it flag to hold it in place while I stamped, stamping on both the apron and pocket at the same time. The stamped the flowers, they pretty easy to line up. Then I stamped the utensils on the apron in Soft Sky before I adhered the pocket. Another option would be to die cut the utensils and put them in the pocket.

The heart from the stamp set was used on the apron and then I used the largest flower on the flower grouping to stamp in the corners of the apron and along the top.

I used Dimensionals on the apron and the sentiment to pop it up.  I put the white layer on some scrap black card stock, was easier to see the edge of the Whisper White cardstock when I stamped the Wild Wasabi leaves.  
  
I think I may make a few more of these for my Etsy store.  Cottage Lane Stamper Etsy Store


Dimensions

Whisper White cardstock 

  • 4" x 5.25"
  • scrap piece for smallest circle

Powder Pink cardstock 

  • 4-1/8" x 5-3/8"
  • 3" x 5" (circles)
Soft Sky
  • 8-1/2" x 5-1/2 (scored at 4-1/4") card base
  • 2-3/4" x 5" (circles)
Supplies:

Stamps & Framelits
  • Apron of Love
  • Apron Builder (Framelits)
  • Layering Circles Framelits
    • 2-5/8" Scallop (Pink Pirouette)
    • 2-1/2 Circle (Blue Circle)
    • (1-1/2 Scallop Circle (Pink)
  • Punches
    • 1-1/4" (sentiment)
    • 1-3/8" (blue
    • *If you don't have the punches you can use the same from the Layering Circles Framelits)
Inks
Wild Wasabi
Powder Pink
Soft Sky

Apron of Love Bundle
#145986

Apron of Love Stamp Set
#145835



Apron Builder Framelits
#1455661


Layering Circles
#141705

Soft Sky Stampin' Pad
#131181


Soft Sky cardstock
#131203

Powder Pink Stampin' Pad
#144084

Powder Pink cardstock
#111351

Wild Wasabi Stampin' Pad
#126959


Whisper White cardstock
#100730


Circle Punch 1-1/4"
#119861


Circle Punch 1-3/8"
#119860


Mini Glue Dots
 #103683
Snail
#1042



Stampin' Dimensionals
#104430
Whisper White Bakers Twine
#124262

Hope you enjoy this.  If you don't have a demonstrator I'd love to be given the opportunity to earn your business.  Happy stamping! 





Images: Stampin' Up! ©

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tips on Organizing new stamp sets & dies/bundles and using Pinterest

 Not being organized makes me go in a tizzy!  I like to be able to put my hands on a stamp set when I'm creating a card.  Looking for a ...