Thursday, January 30, 2020

The Gang's All Meer! Happy Birthday!

Have you ever started out with the inside of a card first?  LOL! Well that's what happened with this card.

This stamp set "The Gang's All Meer"  is from the Sale-a-bration catalog so you can't buy it, only get it with a qualifying purchase and it is DEFINITELY a favorite with stampers! They are adorable aren't they? With their sweet disposition they remind me of my middle grandson when he smiles.

Click here for list of supplies

On to my "creation process".  I had created the inside of a card that I made last weekend with this cute stamp set and then realized it was going the wrong direction, portrait instead of landscape.  DUH!


So being the Dutchman I am, (well at least half) and not wanting to wasted it, I decided to to create the front of a card to go with the inside. I found a card on Pinterest and tweaked it a bit to make it my own. 

This in itself was a project itself.  I felt like I was back to the beginning of my card making life. Eyeballing things not measuring my stamped image cardstock so all my layers were too big. TRIM, TRIM, TRIM. Guess I was getting too big for my britches!

Then I tried to create some "ground" for the little Meer cats so they weren't "floating" in the air.  Well, those all went in the garbage!  Too dark!

Here's my end result.  I love the little lizard, so I featured him in two of the squares, I wanted him in all three but I see forgot him in one of them. I also gave them all blue eyes because all my grandsons have beautiful blue eyes.


For a list of all the products I used (except the stamp set) click HERE.

What do you think?  What is you favorite set from the Sale-a-bration catalog?

1 comment:

  1. Love it. I will try this for a 21st birthday card tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

Tips on Organizing new stamp sets & dies/bundles and using Pinterest

 Not being organized makes me go in a tizzy!  I like to be able to put my hands on a stamp set when I'm creating a card.  Looking for a ...