Monday, January 20, 2020

Lovely Lilypad - Rest & Relax

When I look at this card, with the water lilies,  I think of a day at the spa. Wouldn't that be nice on this cold Minnesota winter day!   So I chose the sentiment from the Tropical Oasis Suite.

Click here to purchase the supplies

I had thought about making a card with this set last night before I went to bed.  Do you ever have dreams about something you thought about right before you to sleep?  I won't tell you about the bizarre dreams I had about making this card. 

I can tell you about a dream I had about Terry Steinbach, a baseball player for the Minnesota Twins.  He grew up in the New Ulm, where I raised my kids. I remember in my dream telling someone about the time Terry was home for Thanksgiving. My son, who was about 9 at the time, went to Terry's house with his friend, whose grandmother was Terry's parents' neighbor. The boys went up to the door, asked to see Terry and if he would sign a ball the friend had.  Terry not only did that, but also brought a ball for my son, signed it AND a glove for my son!!!!  What a wonderful person.  How many celebrities would do that today for two boys who wandered up to the door?  It was a wonderful memory. But I digress. :-)

This Lovely Lilypad set is from the Sale-a-bration catalog, which means it's an exclusive set only available with a qualifying purchase.
The un-bizarre (probably not a word) part of my dream about this set was stamping it on watercolor paper and regular Whisper White.

Click here to purchase supplies

Here they are side by side.  Can you tell which is the watercolor stamp and which is the direct stamp?  I think I like the watercolor image best.  Which is your favorite?

Click here to purchase supplies

The unique thing about this stamp set is that the stamps are reversible.  One side is a background splash,  the reverse side has the image. The  image does not match with the background splash on the other side.  So don't drive yourself crazy trying to get them to match up!

For both cards I stamped off the solid background side once before stamping the image. The image is stamped full strength.  On the watercolor paper image, I used my aqua painter to blend the image.  I think the sentiment, from Timeless Tropical, goes really great with this card.  The sequins are left over from another time and catalog.

What are your favorites from the Sale-a-bration and Mini Catalogs? I still have a couple things on my list.  :-)

Thanks for stopping in!



Images: Stampin' Up!®


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tips on Organizing new stamp sets & dies/bundles and using Pinterest

 Not being organized makes me go in a tizzy!  I like to be able to put my hands on a stamp set when I'm creating a card.  Looking for a ...