Saturday, January 18, 2020

Peaceful Poppies Inspiration

This month in class we did a product class where we made 3 cards from the same suite, Peaceful Poppies in the 2020 Mini catalog.

I just haven't been able to put it away yet!  This suite has so many beautiful elements to it the options are endless.  So this morning at 3:00 a.m. and unable to sleep I wandered into my craft room, as I often do when I can't sleep, everything was still laying out on my table and decided to play around with the suite some more.


Don't you love sweet and simple cards?  This one uses just some DSP, I also used the left over strips from Wednesday's card class and stamped the sentiment on it.  It's the center strip in the middle when I cut the DSP into 4" x 5 1/4" pieces for our simple DSP card.  I also used a left over strip of Old Olive where the 2 pieces come together. I ran it through my die cutting machine with the Subtles 3D embossing folder, to give it a little texture.




Wednesday's class card

I tried out the a flower and two leaves from the Peaceful Poppies Elements.  I chose the embossed flowers on the watercolor paper and sponged them with Crushed Curry and Mossy Meadow.   I'm not a big user of black some I'm on the fence about the black sentiment, stamped in White Craft ink.


I tried another watercolor element, this time the small grouping of flowers, like in the card above.  The frame is actually a piece of scrap that we punched the circles out for the wreath in another card from Wednesday's class.  Do you save pieces from punches or dies to hopefully reuse the negative piece later?  I'm such a hoarder!

 
 
Wednesday's wreath card

This is another take using the wreath and I used a die from the Painted Labels die set for the sentiment.  What do you think? Like it?


Ok, I thought about taking a photo as I was making this card, but since it was about 4:00 in the morning by this time, I didn't feel like taking photos.  But..... the the Pool Party Nested Labels die piece is actually cut out of the bottom Pool Party layer.  The center gets covered up with DSP and no one is the wiser about something missing from the layer.

This card also has flowers from the Peaceful Poppies Elements.  These are the vellum flowers and I sponged them with Poppy Parade and Old Olive.  I think this is my favorite card.



So what do you think?  I know the Peaceful Poppies Suite is a little on the high side, price wise but you really get a lot of bang for your buck with this one. The possibilities are endless!   Everything on these cards is from the suite, except the Nested Label dies on the last card and the oval die on the Crushed Curry card.

Check back later, I'm going to play some more with this suite. My ideas are simmering.  Haha!  I also think I need some sleep.

When do you do your best creating?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tips on Organizing new stamp sets & dies/bundles and using Pinterest

 Not being organized makes me go in a tizzy!  I like to be able to put my hands on a stamp set when I'm creating a card.  Looking for a ...