Thursday, January 16, 2020

January Card Class: Peaceful Poppies Suite

This month's card class I tried something different, a "Product Class", where I used different pieces from one suite for all three cards.  I had put a post on my Facebook Group page "Cottage Lane Stamper & Friends" asking what people would enjoy doing in class.  Doing a product class was first with all who participate in the poll.

The suite I chose is one of my favorites from the 2020 Mini Catalog, which debuted on Jan 3, 2020 and goes through June 2, 2020 the "Peaceful Poppies Suite". I absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE everything in this suite!  The papers are gorgeous.  This DSP is so beautiful on it's own it really doesn't need much to make a great card!

I tried to choose cards that used different elements.  One  card, this one, was super easy, using DSP.   The second had a little more going on featuring one of the dies in the Peaceful Moments die set.  The third card was for more ardent stampers involving a little more die cutting, and keeping track of pieces.  It was a little more difficult but produced beautiful results!!!

This is the first card. A quick and easy card using just the gorgeous Peaceful Poppies DSP and a die cut label.



Here's a little video I put together when I made the card the first time.





The great thing is you can make 6 cards very quickly from the one sheet of DSP!  Change your sentiment and have a supply of cards on had for those last minute occasions! 

Click here to take you right to the store for the list of supplies. Or go to my FB group page, Cottage Lane Stamper & Friends for a list of the supplies, dimensions and instructions.  

Would love to hear if you give this card a try!

Thank you for taking time out of your day to spend with me.  

Images: Stampin' Up!©

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tips on Organizing new stamp sets & dies/bundles and using Pinterest

 Not being organized makes me go in a tizzy!  I like to be able to put my hands on a stamp set when I'm creating a card.  Looking for a ...