Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Geared Up Birthday

Do you have a "gear head" in your family?  My dad was one, I hung out with them as a teenager and one has married into my family.

This is the week of my son-in-law's birthday. He love's his Chevy's, so did my dad.  He's a great husband.  I couldn't have picked out a better husband for my daughter, if I would have had any say in it.  Haha!  And he's a great father.

Matt is always working on his cars or doing woodworking (he's a talented woodworker) and is constantly busy with the projects my daughter has for him.  He's actually a software engineer and also a train lover but I've probably given him enough train cards.

My son-in-law and daughter sure have given me some beautiful grandsons.  But most of all my grandson's are polite.  Which is hard to find.  When we were out to lunch on his birthday date, one of my grandson's, waited for me to get back to the table before he started eating.  How many 7 year old boys would do that?  He's 9 now but still polite and considerate.  Most importantly, to me, they have been brought up in the church.



Back to the card. :-)

I'm not sure if the stamp in "Geared Up Garage" is  a Chevy, but it looks like a classic card.  I CASE'd this from a card I found on Pinterest another stamp company. I liked the basic layout and changed it up a bit.  Also added some gears from silver foil.  I love how they reflected on the table.


Don't tell anyone but I accidentally smudge the sentiment right after I stamped it. Grrr! Then I thought, mechanics always are getting their smeary fingerprints on the everything; I know, my dad was a truck driver. So I just used the smudgy stamp that's in the set and added some more to the sentiment label!  And that's what we do!  Turn our "happy accidents" in to our card design.  Right!

Thanks for stopping by!  Hope you have a great day!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Tips on Organizing new stamp sets & dies/bundles and using Pinterest

 Not being organized makes me go in a tizzy!  I like to be able to put my hands on a stamp set when I'm creating a card.  Looking for a ...