Monday, November 14, 2016

Watercolor - Vintage Leaves

Yesterday I saw a posting by one of my fellow demonstrators of the Vintage Leaves stamp set, done on watercolor paper.  When I expressed how much I loved it she replied she wanted to see mine. She did hers in Cherry Cobbler. So thought I'd better give it a whirl before I got distracted and forgot about it.  (Seems to happen a lot since I became a "senior citizen". 


I stamped the leaves, in Cajun Craze on watercolor paper and then with my Aqua Painter, brushed the each leaf, taking care not to get my brush too wet.  The middle one I stamped off once, the other two are stamped full strength. The one in the upper left hand corner I stamped in Tangelo Twist (retired).  The sentiment is from Butterfly Basics and stamped in Soft Suede.  the background layer is Early Espresso, and the base is Whisper White

I love the Stampin' Up! Aqua Painters and I don't say that lightly, I recommend something only when I believe in it. 

These Aqua Painters distribute a constant and even flow of water.  I had another brand that I bought before becoming a demonstrator, I would have to squeeze the barrel to keep the water flowing and the color of the ink would flow up into the barrel and I would have to empty the barrel frequently if I didn't want to mix the colors.  The Aqua Painter does not seem to have this issue.  When I'm done with one color I just have to run the brush across my scrap paper until the brush is clean. 

Hope you will leave a comment or two, they mean a lot. 

Any of these products can be purchased in my store, just click on the link of the product you like. 

Take care and God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tips on Organizing new stamp sets & dies/bundles and using Pinterest

 Not being organized makes me go in a tizzy!  I like to be able to put my hands on a stamp set when I'm creating a card.  Looking for a ...