Thursday, November 10, 2016

Tip: Adhering Intricate Dies

Hi everyone,

Today I wanted to share with you a tip that I found on Pinterest by Lisa Curcio on how to adhere those very beautiful, intricate dies.  This works so slick and much easier and less messy than using glue or Snail and getting it in the open spaces on your die cut item and looking so tacky. 

I'll demonstrate this using the gorgeous Santa's Sleigh bundle by Stampin' Up!.  I absolutely love this set and all the little pieces that are included in the stamp set and the Framelit dies.  You can use it with so many other of our stamp sets.  The idea possibilities are endless for making your cards.  I also used the small star from the Starlight Framelit Die Cuts.

I wonder if I will go through Christmas card making withdrawal after the Christmas season is over?

Here's the little video I created for you. 





Supplies:

Whisper White cardstock
  • (1) 5.5" x 8.5", scored at 4.25"
  • (1) 4" x 5.25", embossed with the Softly Falling Textured Embossing folder
Shimmer Paper
  • 4" x 2" torn on the top edge, adding glue to the torn edge and sprinkled with white glitter or Dazzling Diamonds
Gold Foil
  • 2.5" x 4.5"
  • scrap for the star and one bow
Cherry Cobbler cardstock
  • 3" x 2" and scrap for 2 bows
Mossy Meadow cardstock (retired)
  • 3" x 4", stamped with Mossy Meadow ink retired) and die cut
This Christmas Specialty DSP
  • Scraps used for gifts in sleigh

Sharon's 24/7 online Stampin' Up! store



 
Santa's Sleigh Bundle
#143499
 

 
Santa's Sleigh stamp set
#14207
 

 
Santa's Sleigh Die Set
#140278
 

 
Starlight Thinlits
#141840

 
  
Softly Falling Texture Impressions Embossing Folder
#139672
 
 
Cherry Cobbler cardstock
#119685
 

 
Whisper White cardstock
#110730


 

  
Shimmer Paper
#101910

 



 
Gold Foil
#132622
 

This Christmas Specialty DSP
#141628
 


Tear N Tape
#138995

 
 
Mini Glue Dots
#103683
 
 
Snail
#104332




Dazzling Diamonds Glitter
#133751



  
Tombow Multipurpose Glue
#110755

 



 
Magnetic Platform
#130658



 
Big Shot
#113439





 
Big Shot Die Brush
#140603


Paper Piercer
#126189

 ]

  
Stampin' Pierce Mat
#126199

 
Images © Stampin' Up!
 
 
 



 

 

I hope you enjoyed this! 

If you do not have a Stampin' Up! demonstrator I would be honored to be yours. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tips on Organizing new stamp sets & dies/bundles and using Pinterest

 Not being organized makes me go in a tizzy!  I like to be able to put my hands on a stamp set when I'm creating a card.  Looking for a ...