Friday, November 11, 2016

October Card Stamping Class - Leaves, Pumpkins,and Swirly Scribbles

 
Every month I go to my up-line's house for stamp class.  It's nice to have someone cut everything out for me, just like I do for my classes.  Kind of like having someone else cooking for you!

We usually make 4 different designs, but a few more cards.  Some people can't make it to her Monday class, we go Thursdays, there is two of us plus my up-line, so we also make the cards for those that don't make it on Monday.   

These are the cards we made last month:


Vintage Leaves

This is my favorite card.  I love the deep, rich colors in this card, Cajun Craze, Crushed Curry, Old Olive and Pumpkin Pie I believe. Our demonstrator did the sponging on our leaves ahead of time. They were then cut with Leaflets Framelits.  We did the background stamping in Early Espresso.
 

Vintage Leaves
 
 
Leaflet Thinlits
 

This next card is made with the Swirly Scribbles Thinlits.  I don't have this set but may have to get it.  I've seen so many beautiful ideas and different cards made with this set.  Love the pumpkins.  They are a little hard to glue on, but if you go to my video from yesterday, it would be a great method to use on this die cut.  Here's the link:  How to adhere intricate die cuts.
 
 
Swirly Scribbles
 

This third set is made with the Places You'll go.  This would be a stamp set for a graduation card, some one entering the military or just and little bit of encouragement card and who couldn't use that!  This card is for someone special in your life who make's your world a little nicer.  You can pair this with the Layering Circles Thinlits to cut out the globe.


 
 
Layering Circles



I bought all three of the Layering die cut sets, Circles, Squares and Ovals a month ago and I can't tell you how many times that I have used them already.  Then Stampin' Up! came out with Stitched Shapes November 1st of this year that coordinates with all the Layering die cut sets!  Holy cow!  This set is another must to have in your collection of die cuts.  So may possibilities.  I going to love, love, love using all four of these together. 
 

This last card also uses the Swirly Scribbles Thinlits and the notes are made with the small oval punch.  Even when the  punches are retired I hang on them because it always seems that some new card set comes out that you can use them with. 

I love the simplicity of this card, it's a great card to have on hand when you want to send something to someone that you are thinking about.  Wouldn't you love to get this in the mail?  I would.  Texting is ok for some things but there is nothing that can replace getting a card in the mail with a personal, handwritten note, especially on a handmade card.  You know that someone has taken a lot of effort to send you some special. 

I hope you enjoyed these.  If you want instructions or have any questions, please send me a note or comment below.  Your comments mean a lot to me, it encourages me to keep going. 

All the stamp sets and supplies to make them are available in my store.  Just click on the links above.  Thanks for stopping by!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tips on Organizing new stamp sets & dies/bundles and using Pinterest

 Not being organized makes me go in a tizzy!  I like to be able to put my hands on a stamp set when I'm creating a card.  Looking for a ...