Saturday, November 12, 2016

Here Comes Santa's Sleigh

I ordered Santa's Sleigh last week and got it this past Tuesday.  May I say that I love this set!  The ideas have been flowing.  I've made 4 cards in the last two days.  Three are the same design but in different colors and papers. 

As soon as I saw this set I got this idea and couldn't wait to see how it turned out. I've always loved fireplaces.  Something so comforting, thinking about curling up in front of a fire, with the stockings all hung, on a cold Minnesota winter's night with a good book, glass of wine or hot chocolate and a snow globe kind of snow falling outside. 


I used the Brick Wall embossing folder, the Hearth and Home Thinlit.  I out the panes from the window and glued it in place cut off the bottom part. The window box was used as the fireplace mantel. The flame is actually some of the tree die cut in yellow and orange scraps then glued together and trimmed.  The tree stand is 1/2' circle punch with part of the bottom cut off.  The rest is all from the Santa's Sleigh stamp set and Santa's Sleigh Thinlits Dies.  The rhinestones are from some old embellishments that I had hanging around. 

I really LOVE how this turned out! 

This was the first card I made, where the sleigh is in Real Red.  I used the star from Star of Night Thinlits.  The background sleigh is Gold foil and the tree is in my favorite, but sadly retired, Mossy Meadow.  (Sad face here).  I used Shimmer paper, torn, with Two Way glue (also retired) and the Softly Falling embossing folder for the background. 
 


Then I wanted to see how the sleigh would look in Cherry Cobbler.  I think I like it better, it gives it such a rich color.  The presents are wrapped in Baker's Twine and adhered on the back with Snail.



After doing those two I wanted to see how the sleigh would look in all gold.  Totally love this one! The wreath and reindeer are also in the stamp set and Framelit die cut set.  I had an old border punch that I used for the stars so I punched some out and attached them with glue dots.  Again I used the Shimmer paper and Softly Falling embossing folder.




If you love any of these ideas and would like to make them you can purchase any of the products I used, just click on the links. 

I appreciate your comments, they mean a lot. 

If you don't have a demonstrator I would love to be yours!  That's the great thing about the internet, we don't even have to live in the same city or state for that matter!  And hopefully also become friends!

God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tips on Organizing new stamp sets & dies/bundles and using Pinterest

 Not being organized makes me go in a tizzy!  I like to be able to put my hands on a stamp set when I'm creating a card.  Looking for a ...