Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Plush Red Velvet Poinsettias! Oct 20, 2020 "Tuesdays At Ten"

 I couldn't wait to create this card!   I've had the Red Velvet paper and the Plush Poinsettia vellum since this summer and as soon as I saw the dies from the Poinsettia Place Suite and the Red Velvet cardstock I knew I wanted to make poinsettias with it.  Love the rich feel of the flowers and plush vellum!



As difficult as it looks it is a pretty simple card to make.  It's all die cutting and putting together with glue dots and Stampin' Seal! Your friends will think you spent a mint on this card!


The Poinsettia die set has five different poinsettia dies in it!  I love that there are two sets of dies that are different sizes that cut and emboss, so they can be layered, as in this card.  There are also outline dies to die cut the other sheets of the Plush Vellum with the poinsettias and holly leaves.  The holly leaves also emboss!  And, and.... you can die cut the DSP poinsettias. We'll get into that more later on another video.  

Check out my  video from my "Tuesdays At Ten" FB live: I also give a tip on using the poinsettia and holly dies.  Here is the YouTube link should the video not show up on your phone: YouTube video 




We'll be playing with more from this suite in my Zoom card class on Nov 14 at 10:00 a.m.. Central Time so I hope you can join me.  Just go to my website to sign up and for details. Calendar events.

The beaded pearls give an elegant touch to this card along with the little sprigs of vellum on top of the holly leaves.  I used my bone folder to curl the flowers and holly leaves just a bit to give it a 3D effect.  

Dimensions & supplies:

Whisper White 8-1/2" x 5-1/2", scored at 4-1/4"
Red Velvet cardstock, 5" x 6"
Plush Poinsettia Vellum, 4" x 5-1/4"
Mossy Meadow, 5-1/2" x 2-1/2"
Real Red cardstock, 4" x 5-1/4?
Vellum, 3" x 4-1/4"
Real Red sheer ribbon, about 8", 5 to wrap around the card and 3" to die around the ribbon.  

Poinsettia Place Suite
#155109
 

Poinsettia Petals Bundle
#155148
 

Poinsettia Petals stamp set
#153475
 

Poinsettia dies
#153522
 

Red Velvet cardstock
#153490
 

Plush Poinsettia vellum
#153486
 

Real Red cardstock
#102482
 

Mossy Meadow cardstock
#133676
 

Vellum
#101856
 

Whisper White cardstock
#100730
 

Real Red Sheer ribbon
#153535

 

Beaded Pearl embellishments
#153534

 

Bone Folder
#102300

Glue Dots
#103683
 

Stampin' Seal
#152813
 

 
Hope you enjoy this project!  

Sharon



Images: Stampin' Up!®

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tips on Organizing new stamp sets & dies/bundles and using Pinterest

 Not being organized makes me go in a tizzy!  I like to be able to put my hands on a stamp set when I'm creating a card.  Looking for a ...