Saturday, October 31, 2020

6" x 6" One Sheet Wonder with 'Tis The Season DSP

 Don't you love it when you can make the most of your beautiful Designer Series Paper?  I do!  I found this beautiful layout on Pinterest and CASE'D it from Nicole Belesimo from a few years ago.  



Start out with one sheet of 6" x 6" DSP and cut it in half.


Then cut each of the 3" pieces into the dimensions shown in the photo. The panels are number from left to right, top to bottom for the corresponding card.  


Then cut your layering cardstock (Cherry Cobbler) into the following dimensions.

Card 1: 3-1/4" x 2-1/4" (one piece)

Card 2: 3-1/4" x 3-1/4" (one piece)

Card 3: 2" x 5" (one piece secondary color/Garden Green) & 1-1/4" x 1-1/4" (three pieces)

Card 4: 2-1/2" x 1-3/4" (two pieces)

Card 5: 1-3/4" x 1-1/4" (four pieces)

Card 6: 3-1/4 x 2" (one piece)

Background layer:

5 pieces 4" x 5-1/4" (Garden Green)

Card Bases:

3 pieces of Whisper White 8-1/2" x 11" cardstock, cut in half (5-1/2") and scored at 4-1/4"

After cutting the DSP and the background layer, glue them together. I had mine all on a pile on my desk and it got to be a little bit of a discombobulation! 

For card three I ran the horizontal layer through my embossing machine with the Wrapped in Texture embossing folder.  Then I also trimmed the back of the Garden Green layer with some narrow strips of Cherry Cobbler that I had left over from another project.  I save all my strips for things like this.  No sense wasting a whole piece of cardstock.

I also wrapped the ribbon around the front at this point. 

Then I layered the outside panel pieces onto the front first and then centered the middle one between these two. I tried it with the middle one first but this worked much better. 
Here are the rest of the cards.  They are pretty each to figure out.  I think if I did it a second time.  

I chose to emboss the card with White Embossing Powder, I think it set off the sentiments a little bit more and inking them, except for Card 4 which is stamped in Cherry Cobbler.  

The stamp set I used is Poinsettia Petals for the sentiments. I also used the dies for the little berries and branches on Card 6. 

 

 



 

 


 


Here are the supplies that I used.  
Click here to shop for any or all of them!

Tis the Season DSP
#153489

Cherry Cobbler cardstock
#119685
Poinsettia Petals stamp set #153475

 

 

Garden Green cardstock
#102584
Poinsettia Dies
#153522

Whisper White cardstock
#100730


 

Wrapped in Texture
#153574

 

Wonderful Gems
#153536


Wonder of the 
Season combo 
#153537

Flowers for Every Season combo
#153620

VersaMark embossing ink 
#102283
 

White Embossing Powder
 #109132
 

Stampin' Dimensionals
#104430
 

Mini Stampin' Dimensionals
#144108
 


Stampin' Seal 
#152813
 

 


Thank you for stopping in.  If you enjoyed this project please leave a comment.  

Sharon

Images: Stampin' Up!©



No comments:

Post a Comment

Tips on Organizing new stamp sets & dies/bundles and using Pinterest

 Not being organized makes me go in a tizzy!  I like to be able to put my hands on a stamp set when I'm creating a card.  Looking for a ...