Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Quick & Easy DIY Die Storage

Do your dies look like this? Slip sliding all over on your magnetic sheets? Mine do and they drive me crazy!  Most are okay except for my Layering Circles, Layering Ovals, Stitched Shapes and Rectangle dies. 
I've been mulling an idea for a few months now.  The room in my craft loft is very limited so so were my ideas for a solution.  I have no available wall space.

Then it occurred to me that I could use the inside door of a cabinet in my loft. 

I was pondering an idea last night and as I was working on it this morning it was a little too labor intensive just to make it look pretty. I asked myself: Why am I going through all this trouble? 

So here is my simple idea...

...that uses glue, magnetic vent sheets from the home improvement store, a piece of heavy board (that may be included with your vent sheets), or backing from our pattern paper or foam board and if you choose, some window sheets or Velcro. 


 
Here's the finished product. I LOVE it and they don't fall off, even when I shook it before mounting on my door. I used two sheets of the vent covers and velcro on the back so I could butt them up against each other.  When I close the door they are all hidden. You could fancy it up a bit if you want, but, for me, simple is good.


If you have limited storage space, I hope this idea helps  you.

Sharon


Images: Stampin' Up!©

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tips on Organizing new stamp sets & dies/bundles and using Pinterest

 Not being organized makes me go in a tizzy!  I like to be able to put my hands on a stamp set when I'm creating a card.  Looking for a ...