Friday, August 14, 2020

Gilded Autumn DSP: do the punches match the images?

I was working on some of my Baker Boxes for the upcoming craft fair. When it came to one "flavor" I couldn't decide on the embellishments for the tag.  I had already made the tags from the Brushed Metallic cardstock that is part of the Gilded Autumn Suite.  When I looked at the suite again I thought that the punches with an acorn, maple and oak leaves would be great.  My initial idea was to punch them also from metallic paper.  So I ordered the pack of punches.


When they arrived in the mail they were a little larger than I expected. Then a light bulb went on and I wondered if the punches would match up with the images on two of the different pattern papers in the suite.  I had to wait overnight to try because I was working on sleep deprivation.

So this morning I meandered into my craft room, brought out the DSP and cut out a small section.  I didn't want to cut too large a piece in case my idea didn't work. Was I thrilled to find out that they matched up!  I think they work perfectly on the tags.  I fussy cut the small leaves on the label.  The acorn trinkets really pull it all together with the gold cord from the Wonder of the Season ribbon combo!

I demonstrate in this video as well and also share a couple other tips with the stamps and punches.


These are the Baker's boxes that I used the punched images to embellish.

Here's a list of the products that I mention in the video, which can be purchased by clicking here

GILDED AUTUMN SUITE COLLECTION (ENGLISH)
Gilded Autumn Suite #155123

BEAUTIFUL AUTUMN BUNDLE (ENGLISH)
Beautiful Autumn Bundle #155189

BEAUTIFUL AUTUMN PHOTOPOLYMER STAMP SET (ENGLISH)
Beautiful Autumn stamp set #153450

AUTUMN PUNCH PACK
Autumn Punch Pack #153609

GILDED AUTUMN SPECIALTY DESIGNER SERIES PAPER
Gilded Autumn DSP (Designer Series Paper) #

BRUSHED METALLIC CARDSTOCK
Brushed Metallic cardstock #153524

ACORN TRINKETS
Acorn Trinkets #153552

WONDER OF THE SEASON RIBBON COMBO PACK
Wonder of the Season (combo) gold trim #153537

VERSAMARK PAD
VersaMark embossing ink pad
 #102283
GOLD STAMPIN’ EMBOSS POWDER
Gold Embossing Powder #109129


I misspoke in the video.  The gold trim that I used was from the Wonder of the Season ribbon combo pack.  The picture above is correct.  

Thank you for stopping by!

 Sharon

Images: Stampin' Up!©

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tips on Organizing new stamp sets & dies/bundles and using Pinterest

 Not being organized makes me go in a tizzy!  I like to be able to put my hands on a stamp set when I'm creating a card.  Looking for a ...