Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Woodland Textures and Wonderland trees

 
I love the technique of the illusion of the pine trees from the Wonderland stamp set behind the birch trees on the Woodland Textures embossing folder.  I don't know how many different variations of this technique I have pinned on my Pinterest boards.

Is it because I'm from Minnesota that I love the pine trees?  There aren't as many where I live, in the metro area, as there are in the northern part of the state. When you travel to the north there is almost a definite line where they start appearing.  I love the fresh smell of them when traveling the roads  up there. 

Before I retired, I worked for the Minnesota DNR and so many of our conservation officers/game wardens go into the program with the hope of one day getting a station in the northern part of the state.  Who can blame them!  It is beautiful!

In my video I show the technique that works for me.  If you have any questions, please leave me a comment.


 
 
 
Supplies:
Whisper White cardstock
#100730 


Woodland Textures Embossing Folder
#139673














Pool Party cardstock
#122926
Pool Party stamp pad
#126982


Decorative Label punch
#120907
Curvy Corner Trio punch
#139683 (soon to retire) 


The Curvy Corner Trio punch is on Clearance so if you like it, hop on over to my store and snatch it up before it's gone!  Once they are out, it's history.

   https://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/ItemList.aspx?categoryid=10200

Big Shot
#113439
Paper Snips
#103579



Snail
#104332


#103683











#104430
 
The Mossy Meadow ink that I used is retired.  :-( It's one of my favorite greens. 

Love to hear any comments or questions you may have.

Have a beautiful day! Today is the first day of Fall! 

Happy Fall Y'all!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Tips on Organizing new stamp sets & dies/bundles and using Pinterest

 Not being organized makes me go in a tizzy!  I like to be able to put my hands on a stamp set when I'm creating a card.  Looking for a ...