Thursday, September 15, 2016

Scentsational Cocoa Card

 
Had to use this adorable retired Stampin' Up! set called Scentsational for this cocoa filled card for one of my craft fair projects.  The only thing it is missing right now are the  candy canes, which haven't appeared in the stores yet.  Well let's hope not it's only September, we have to get through all the Halloween candy that is making it's way to the store shelves and then we have Thanksgiving! 

Even though I am making Christmas items, I like to enjoy each holiday as it comes, without it be infringed upon by the next one that is off in the future.  I know I'm fighting a losing battle, all I can do is avoid those aisles.  Well, enough of that. 

Here is my "Scentsational" Cocoa Card. 



As you can see this is a pocket card.  After cutting the card base, I lined up the upper left hand corner at the 4-1/2" mark on my Simply Scored and the opposite corner at 1-1/2" mark and cut the angle for the pocket.  I then scored the card in half at 4 1/4".  The card will lay better if you use your bone folder to give it a nice sharp fold.

I then used multipurpose glue (Tombow) on the left edge below the angle and the bottom of the angled half, a very thin line about 1/16" from the edge of the card. 

I used the sentiment from Candy Cane Christmas, in the 2016 holiday catalog which was heat embossed with snow embossing powder.  I also heat embossed a star from Candy Cane Christmas, in the upper right hand corner of the card, but it's hidden by the cocoa.

The cardstock is also Candy Cane DSP, a one inch strip and then a 1-1/4" strip of Whisper White.

The scallop circle was punched with a 2-3/8" retired punch and the red circle is a 2" punch.

The candy cane and cup are stamped in Real Red and the steam from the cup is stamped in Crumb Cake. 

I really enjoyed making these.  I only made a few of them, to test the waters so to speak.  If they go over well at the 1st craft fair I will make more for the second!

Here's a collage of the cards that I made.  I hope you love them as much as I do.  Stay tuned I have another idea that I will be doing as soon as I receive some more supplies. 

Here are a few of the supplies that I used, which can be purchased 24/7 at my online store:

Candy Cane Christmas
#142040


Real Red Cardstock
#102482

Candy Cane Lane DSP
#141988


Crumb Cake Stamp Pad
#126975



Real Red Stamp Pad
#126949

#110755


 
 
Stampin' Trimmer
#126889
Snail
#104332



Images © Stampin' Up!

As always I welcome your comments.  If you don't have a demonstrator I would be honored to be given the privilege to be yours. 

All my customers that order through the year will automatically get the catalogs and flyers mailed directly to their door as soon as they are available.  New customer will also get a card in the mail from me as a personal thank you for your business. 

Till later, God bless!









 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tips on Organizing new stamp sets & dies/bundles and using Pinterest

 Not being organized makes me go in a tizzy!  I like to be able to put my hands on a stamp set when I'm creating a card.  Looking for a ...