Saturday, July 9, 2016

Sheltering Tree

I have to tell you every time I go to say or type anything about this Stampin' Up photopolymer stamp set, "Sheltering Tree"  I want to say Sheltering Spruce.  I lived on Sheltering Spruce in Chugiak, Alaska, many years ago.  We had many trees on our lot, mostly Aspen and Black Spruce.

I did a little different take on this project.  I have done a framed before, and this time I had an idea to make it look more like a matted picture. This was the second thing we did in the June Cottage Lane Stampers class. 

 

We used a 4" x 6" frame from the Dollar Tree (don't you just love finding little nuggets there?)

The tree was stamped in Tip Top Taupe, the grass is Pear Pizzazz, the lighter pink for the tree leaves is Pink Pirouette and  the darker pink is our new 2016-2017 trend color  Flirty Flamingo.  I love this color!

The swing was stamped in Soft Suede.  Using the Confetti Hearts border punch we punched out hearts in Pink Pirouette and attached them to the picture with glue dots.  The sentiment is also stamped in Pear Pizzazz. 

Using a sheet with the hearts on it from the Love Blossom stack from the Occasion's catalog and a frame from the Project Life Cards & Labels Framelits and one of the smaller sentiment frame, I created a "mat" for my tree and sentiment.  For my class I did the cutting of the mat before hand, to save time and also created a template out of heavier card stock so that they would be able to stamp the tree and sentiment in the spots I had made with the template. 

I did not attach the matt to the picture, just laid it in the picture frame and voila! I think it looks springy.  What do you think? 

Supplies:

Whisper White Card stock 4x6: #100730
Love Blossoms card stack 4 x 6:
Pink Pirouette card stock: #111351
Project Life Card & Label Framelits: #135707
Sheltering Tree stamp set #137163
Pink Pirouette stamp pad #126956
Flirty Flamingo stamp pad #141397
Tip Top Taupe stamp pad #138325
Soft Suede stamp pad: #126978
Pear Pizzazz stamp pad: #131180
Glue Dots #103686
Confetti Hearts Border Punch #137415
Clear Blocks #118491
frame from $$ store


Sheltering Tree Photopolymer Stamp Set
Project Life Cards & Labels Framelits Dies














Pink Pirouette 8-1/2" x 11" CardstockWhisper White 8-1/2" x 11" Cardstock




Pink Pirouette Classic Stampin' Pad
Pear Pizzazz Classic Stampin' Pad









Soft Suede Classic Stampin' Pad
Tip Top Taupe Classic Stampin' Pad
Confetti Hearts Border PunchFlirty Flamingo Classic Stampin' Pad

Clear Block Bundle


Mini Glue Dots





 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tips on Organizing new stamp sets & dies/bundles and using Pinterest

 Not being organized makes me go in a tizzy!  I like to be able to put my hands on a stamp set when I'm creating a card.  Looking for a ...