Saturday, July 9, 2016

Endess Birthday Fun!

How's your summer going?  It's pretty warm today, which I don't mind, but humid, which makes it harder to bear.  Days like this I think of my parents.  My dad passed away in January and my mom lives in an apartment now.  But before dad went to the nursing home and mom moved into an apartment they lived in their own home, into their 90's and never, never, never had air conditioning.  I don't know how they did it.  They did have some huge shade trees, fans in the windows, and kept their blinds drawn partway to keep the sun out. Amazingly strong and hearty people.

I thought I'd share with you the third card we made in our June Cottage Lane Stamper's Class.  We used the Stampin' Up! "Endless Birthday" set.





I love this set. It is so versatile. Any time I can use the individual sentiments and create my own I'm happy.  As a matter of fact that's what my class did. They used the other greetings in the set to make their inside sentiments. 

The base layer is Melon Mambo with the top layer in Whisper White and embossed with the Confetti Textured embossing folder.  I love this folder, it has a an oval negative space in the middle, making so versatile.  We layer three 1.5" banners about 2.5" long on top of the embossed layer.  In my sample I used the retired Ornate Tag Topper punch for my tag, in class we used the Scalloped Tag Topper punch.  It just gives it a little extra sumpin', sumpin'. 

We stamped the birthday cake on the tag using the new Archival Basic Black ink.  (Tip: the Archival Black ink will stain your photopolymer stamps but will not affect future stamping.  Just make sure to clean right away.)

With a little ink in the lid of our stamp pads (by squeezing the bottom and top together before opening) we used the Aqua Painters to color the birthday cake. The colors we used were Melon Mambo and Always Artichoke.   I like to work from one side to the other with my Aqua Painter, on the stamped image.  It goes from dark to light giving it a little more depth. 

I used a retired yellow Stampin' Writer to color the candles and flames but our Daffodil Delight would work just as well.  The cake was embellished with 3 rhinestones.

I have A LOT of ribbon that I purchased before I became a Stampin' Up! demonstrator, so we used a little of that to finish off our tag. 


Supply List:

Endless Birthday stamp set #140273
Confetti Textured embossing folder #140592
Aqua Painters #103954
Melon Mambo cardstock #115320
Whisper White cardstock #100730
Archival Basic Black ink pad #132708
Melon Mambo ink pad #126948
Always Artichoke ink pad #12953







No comments:

Post a Comment

Tips on Organizing new stamp sets & dies/bundles and using Pinterest

 Not being organized makes me go in a tizzy!  I like to be able to put my hands on a stamp set when I'm creating a card.  Looking for a ...