Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Flamingo Hello!

This is my favorite card from our class yesterday.  When I saw this on Pinterest I had to have the supplies.  It was posted by Els de Haan on Splitcoaststampers.  de Haan sounds like a Dutch name to me, I'm half Dutch.  So no wonder it's beautiful!  :-) (a little tongue in check there). 

I'm also partial to flamingos, I loved all my trips to Florida and was actually planning to move there until I met my husband.  He passed away 8 years , we were only married 5 months. Love of my life. That's another story. 

Anyway,  love, love, love this card!  Thank you Els. It was so much fun to make.  I may have to make more, I don't know that I want to give this away or sell it. 

I sell my cards at a craft fair in December at King of Kings church in Woodbury, Minnesota.  Huge craft fair first Saturday in December, if you are in the area at that time stop in.  I'm sure you will find something that you will love. Again I have digressed. 

 Supplies:
Pop of Paradise stamp set, #141581
Botanical Builder Framelits, #140625
Certainly Celery cardstock 5.5 x 8.5
Flirty Flamingo cardstock 5.25 x 4,  #141416
Whisper White cardstock (2) 5.25 x 4-1/8
Whisper White cardstock scrap, #100730
Mossy Meadow cardstock scrap
Yellow scrap cardstock
Flirty Flamingo ink pad, #141397
Pear Pizzazz ink pad, 131180
Circle Thinlits or 1-3/8” circle punch, #141705/#119860
3/8” Flirty Flamingo Runched Ribbon (2) 1.5 pieces, #141426
Stamping Sponge, #141337
Glue Dots, #103683
Dimensionals, #104430
Snail, #104332
 Directions:

  1. Score the Mossy Meadow cardstock in half at 4.25"
  2. Adhere the Flirty Flamingo cardstock to the Mossy Meadow card layer.
  3. Using the smaller rounded leaf ink up with Pear Pizzazz and stamp three times in upper right corner without re-inking (3 generation inking) on the Whisper White
  4. Using the long frond stamp, on lower left stamp 2 times without re-inkingInk up the sponge in the Pear Pizzazz and sponge some “grass” on the lower right side.Stamp the “Hello” on the white scrap with Flirty Flamingo
  5. Using either the 1-3/8” circle Thinlet or 1-3/8” punch, die cut or punch the Hello circle
  6. With Big Shot cut 2 of  the palm frond die cut out of Mossy Meadow scrap
  7. Cut two of the smaller leaf punch out of the Mossy Meadow cardstock scrap
  8. Cut the flower die cut out of the Flirty Flamingo with the Big Shot
  9. Cut the small flower center die out of a scrap of yellow
  10. Affix one of the palm fronds to the top left of the card with a glue dot
  11. On top of this frond attach the Hello circle with a Dimensional
  12. Taking the ribbon pieces lay one over the other at an angle and attach with glue dot, the attach these to the card stock with a glue dot
  13. Lay one of the small die cut leaves on top of the ribbon facing downward
  14. Attach the other palm frond to the card layer on top of the stamped fronds, facing up
  15. Attach the other leave on top of the palm frond
  16. Attach the flower on top of the leaves with a Dimensional
  17. Attach the flower center to the flower with a glue dot.
  18. Affix this layer to the card base
  19. On the second Whisper White layer stamp two leaves to the bottom right of the card insert, with Pear Pizzazz without re-inking.
  20. Attach this inside the card.
 
If you have any questions about making this card, please let me know.  As always, I appreciate comments.  Thank you for letting me share my passion of making cards with you.  Hope you enjoy this one. 
 
Supplies can be purchased in my 24/7 online store, www.sharonbrennan.stampinup.net.  I appreciate the opportunity to earn your business.  New clients will get a personal thank from me in the mail.  You will also be added to my catalog mailing list if you have ordered from me in the last year. 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tips on Organizing new stamp sets & dies/bundles and using Pinterest

 Not being organized makes me go in a tizzy!  I like to be able to put my hands on a stamp set when I'm creating a card.  Looking for a ...