Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Scrapbookers: To Type or To Write, That is the Question!

At the Creative Connections event I went to last weekend, put on by a few local Stampin' Up demonstrators, there was one thing that intrigued me as a techie.  Anyone who knows me, knows how much I love my toys. This one had to do with scrapbooking, which I don't do much of, but would like to.  All that writing, then I make a mistake and have to start all over again.  SIGH! 

One of the "On Stage" demonstrators, I believe it was Sue Lehrer, showed a scrapbooking page about her dad.  She shared how she was able to get her own handwriting in a FONT!  How cool is that!

So, of course I had to try it out myself!  I found a site,
www.MyScriptFont.  You download a sheet, write your letters on it, scan it, upload it to the site, they process it and you download and install!  All you have to do is click install.  When I went into Word, there it was on my list of fonts!!!!  Easy Peasy as my daughter, Stephanie (who is a great blogger in her own right) says! 


 


All I did here was type this in a Word document, copy and pasted it here!  So if I wanted I could do my whole blog in my own handwritng.  As I said, this would be great for scrapbookers. You could type out all your own journaling in a word processing document, and print it out.  How great is that!  I love it! You could do your Christmas letters in your own handwriting or even make different fonts for different projects!  LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THIS!

Pair this with Stampin' Ups Project Life kits, life couldn't be much simpler for scrapbookers!  Hope you will check out our products! 
http://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/searchresults.aspx

Thank you Sue for sharing this last weekend!

Do you love this as much as I do? Love to hear your thoughts!

If you don't have a demonstator, I would be honored to earn your business and  love making new friends who share my passion for all things stamping, if only online!

As we say, love what we do and share what we love! Now, back to cardmaking!  Have some great ideas coming up.
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tips on Organizing new stamp sets & dies/bundles and using Pinterest

 Not being organized makes me go in a tizzy!  I like to be able to put my hands on a stamp set when I'm creating a card.  Looking for a ...