Thursday, July 28, 2016

Creative Connections 2016 Swap Card

Last weekend was my first time attending the Creative Connections event.  One of the things that happens is card swap.  I've never participated in this before so wasn't sure what to expect but decided to give it a whirl for the first time.  One of the requirements was that it was to be a current catalog item.  Well, I didn't realize until just this moment that my was a retired item.  Sorry everyone!  It was from last year's Holiday catalog called "Wonderland"

 

This is one of my favorite stamps set.  It just gives me a feeling of peace and tranquility that I feel on a snowy winter's night. 

This is the card front that I swapped.  The trees from "Lovely As A Tree" would also work.

 
The background, is embossed resist with the new "In" colors, Dapper Denim, Sweet Sugarplum and also Wisteria Wonder. 

First I stamped the card base with Versa Mark embossing ink using the trees and the sentiment., then sprinkled Silver embossing powder and set it with the heat gun. 

Next I sponged the colors, Dapper Denim, Wisteria Wonder and Sweet Sugarplum, but not all the way down to the sentiment

Then I took a piece of cardstock 3.75 x 5 and using the one of the label  Thinlits from Project Life Cards & Labels set and a circle Framelit made the "frame" for the top.  (actually if you make a template like this first and use it to do your tree and sentiment stamping it will turn out better centered in the final frame).

Next, using the snowflakes from the stamp set I again embossed this on the front frame, using Versa Mark embossing ink and Silver embossing powder. 

I then ran the frame through the Big Shot using the "Softly Falling"  embossing folder.  Using Dimensionals I affixed it to the bottom sponged layer.

The base of the card is Perfect Plum.

I love how it turned out and got so many compliments on it.  I only made 20 to swap.  I was a little bit of work.  I was flattered when one of the demonstrators, whom I admired, asked me how I made it. 

If you like this, sorry you won't be able to get the stamp set but there are lots of other lovely sets that this could be used to  CASE. this (Copy And Share Everything)

Would love to hear your comments.

If you don't have a Stampin' Up demonstrator I would be honor to be able to be given the opportunity to earn your business and friendship! 


Sharon
 
 
Supplies:
 

 
 

 
















 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tips on Organizing new stamp sets & dies/bundles and using Pinterest

 Not being organized makes me go in a tizzy!  I like to be able to put my hands on a stamp set when I'm creating a card.  Looking for a ...