Friday, July 22, 2016

Happy Flowers

This is the second card that we made in class on July 19.  I CAS'd it from a card of Patty Bennett's that I found on Pinterest.  I changed up the sentiment and the flowers a bit.

I love how it turned out. The flower is from some retired paper, English Garden, and I selected a few flowers for the class and then we fussy cut them out. 




Fold Rose Red card stock in half.

With long narrow stamp from Work of Art stamp set, stamp horizontal lines on the Rose Red card about 1/2" apart.

Next we adhered the dotted strip to the card layer with some Snail.

Use Paper Piercing Matt with scrap paper on top, stamp sentiment on smaller white card stock with Mossy Meadow. (Using the paper piercing mat underneath when stamping with Photopolymer stamps, gives you a better impression.)

Stamp the sentiment on the small white cardstock. We used Mossy Meadow for this. Punch each corner of the white cardstock and the green cardstock with the triple corner punch.

Adhere the white cardstock  with the sentiment to green layer.

Attach the green/white layers to card

Fussy Cut the flower (if you don’t have Stampin’ Up’s Paper Snips, I highly recommend getting them, this scissors can get in the tiniest spaces for fine cutting)

With 1” strip of Mossy Meadow punch the leaves with the Bird Builder punch (retired).

 Adhere leaves to card layer with a glue dot.

 Attach the flower on top of leaves, with Dimensionals
 
   Loop the ribbon between the layers of the card base, at the top and tie a square knot, trim ends if needed. 
 
*can substitute Old Olive, or Always Artichoke


Supplies:

Hello Life stamp set (retired 2016 Sal-e-bration)

Work of Art stamp set (long line stamp) #134114

Rose Red Cardstock 4.25 x 11 scored @ 5.5, #102544

English Garden DSP cut out flower, (retired 2015 annual catalog)

English Garden DSP, strip of dotted 2 x 5.25, (retired 2015 annual catalog)

*Mossy Meadow cardstock, strip of 1”, leaves, (retired)

*Mossy Meadow cardstock, 3.25 x 3.5 (retired)

Bird Builder Punch, Whisper White, 3- 1/8 x 3-7/8, (retired)

Whisper White, 4 x 5.25 (for inside), #100730

Organza Ribbon, 16”, #114319

*Mossy Meadow Ink Pad, (retired)

Rose Red Ink Pad, #126954

Curvy Corner Trio Punch     

Glue Dots, #103683

Snail, #104332

Dimensionals, #104430

Paper Snips, #103579
 
 
If you like my ideas I hope you will share my blog with your friends. 
 
I'm happy to answer any questions  you may have about card making.  If I don't know the answer I will do my best to find it for you.  Also, if there is a technique that you would like to see, please let me know.  Sometimes the idea well runs dry and I welcome suggestions from you, my friends. 
 
I would be honored to earn  your Stampin' Up! business. 
 
The new holiday catalog will be coming out soon.  Anyone who has purchased from me in the last year will get the holiday catalog and also new customers will get the current catalog and a personal card from me in the mail. 
 
Bonus Days will be ending in a few days.  If you haven't done so yet, I hope you will take advantage of the opportunity.  For every $50 spent by July 30 you will receive, via email, a $5 coupon that can be use for August purchases.  My online store is open 24/7.  Hope you have a few minutes to check out all the beautiful products. 
 
Thank you for stopping by, and as always, I appreciate your comments.
 
God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tips on Organizing new stamp sets & dies/bundles and using Pinterest

 Not being organized makes me go in a tizzy!  I like to be able to put my hands on a stamp set when I'm creating a card.  Looking for a ...