Thursday, November 5, 2020

Questions about the new Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine?

 When Stampin' Up!® came out with their new replacement for the Big Shot, the Stampin' Cut & Emboss machine.  I had a few questions.  Would my old plates fit? How would my embossing folders work? What about the new magnetic plate?  

I hope to answer a few of those questions for you in this video.  If you have a question that I didn't cover, please leave it in the comments.  If I don't know the answer I will try to find it out for you. If the video doesn't show up on your phone (a new glitch with Blogger) use this link: YouTube Video



Summary of embossing folder use:

Former 3D embossing folders that say Sizzix & Stampin' Up!®, these are a little thicker than the current 3D folders that just say Stampin' Up!® on them.


 Sandwich for former 3D embossing folder:     

1.  Big Shot: Base plate, embossing folder with cardstock, 1 clear plate
2. New Stampin' Cut & Emboss: #1 plate, embossing folder with cardstock & clear plate.

Current 3D Embossing Folders that just have "Stampin' Up!® on them.


Sandwich for this embossing folder:
    Big Shot: Base Plate, embossing folder & cardstock, blue adapter plate (no longer available)
    Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine:  
        Base Plate, embossing folder with card stock and #4 Specialty Plate that comes with the new machine.

Standard Embossing Folder sandwich
(This is one of the mini embossing folders for the new Mini Stampin' Cut & Embossing machine that will be released in the near future.)
Big Shot or new Stampin' Cut & Emboss machine
Base Plate #1, clear plate, embossing folder with cardstock and second #3 plate on top.

Die Cutting:
When using the new #5 Magnetic die cutting plate #5 with the new Stampin' Cut & Emboss machine, the sandwich is: #1 Base plate, #2 Adapter plate, #5 Magnetic plate, cardstock, die, #3 clear plate.

If you do not have the magnetic plate the sandwich is:
#1 Base plate, #2 adapter plate, #3 clear plate, cardstock, die, second #3 clear plate. 

I hope this answers some of your questions.  If you have additional questions please leave a comment and I will get back to you.

Thank you for stopping in!

Sharon

Images: Stampin' Up!©




   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tips on Organizing new stamp sets & dies/bundles and using Pinterest

 Not being organized makes me go in a tizzy!  I like to be able to put my hands on a stamp set when I'm creating a card.  Looking for a ...