Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Ornamental Envelopes cards and Envelope Dies tips

This post is a bit jam packed with tips and how to's on using the Ornamental Envelope stamp set and the coordinating Envelope Dies. 

I have to admit, I did something I don't normally do, bought the Envelope dies alone then went back and bought the coordinating stamp set, Ornamental Envelopes. 🤦I always recommend buying the bundles, saving an additional 10% especially with my demonstrator discount on top of that!  Love, love, love discounts!

Yesterday on my Facebook Live "Tuesdays At Two" I shared a card with the stamp set and how to use one of the three stamps made to create a wreath.  Here is a link to that video. 



I wanted to share a couple of tips with the stamps.  There is a stamp with lines that you can use inside your card as a guide to write your message on or on the front of the envelope for your address. There is one to create a swag on the top of your card (the one with the dots). The other stamp I wanted to touch on is the little corner stamp.

This little stamp was giving me big problems when putting the finishing touches on my card!  It would smudge when I would stamp..... sometimes.  See that little smudge at the end of the image.

It was driving me crazy, until I came up with this idea.  I took a small stamp from the same set and set it (uninked) where the corner of my block would be. This provided some stabilization for the corner and I didn't have the smudge problem anymore. Forgive the ink on my block.  


Success!  Just that little adjustment gave me a nice clean image.  

Envelope Dies!
I also wanted to spend more time with the dies, so today I put together a video on how to use the dies, specifically for the envelope.  

Click here to view the video: Tips to using the Envelope Dies

Here's a summary of what I covered in the video.
  • Liners (for four sizes of envelopes
  • Scalloped edging and 
  • Embossing with dies (same technique can be used for cardstock).  

You will also find a few tips, in the video, on how to build a sandwich for the dies with the new Stampin' Cut & Emboss machine.

If you have any questions, please leave a comment.  I would love to hear from you.

Sharon

Images: Stampin' Up!©

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tips on Organizing new stamp sets & dies/bundles and using Pinterest

 Not being organized makes me go in a tizzy!  I like to be able to put my hands on a stamp set when I'm creating a card.  Looking for a ...