Monday, March 16, 2020

Clubhouse Suite - Birthday Popup Card

Today's card features the Clubhouse Suite from the 2020 January - June Mini Catalog.  I love it when Stampin' Up!® comes out with a great masculine card set, and this one does not disappoint.  Being a "golfer" ( I use the term loosely I haven't picked up a club since my husband passed in 2008), I absolutely love this suite!!!


My late husband, Tim, and I would golf every weekend (sometimes during the week), belonged to a "country club", a very small one in the sleepy town of Sleepy Eye.  It was one thing we loved doing together.  You would find us there Saturdays, Sundays, and Friday night was league, where after a round of golf the guys would grill us steaks.  They always tasted so much better out there! Great memories!

This card is for my niece's boyfriend, Bob.  A wonderful guy who golfs, when he can sneak away from his farm work.  Farmers are some of the hardest workers I know. Get up with the cows, work the fields from dawn til dusk in heat, rain, snow, praying the weather will cooperate. 

I love that when you open it up you find the golfer popup,  on another hole, with a short putt. 


I sponged the background, using the glycerin technique. (see my previous post on this technique)  It gives such a smooth sponging effect.  I don't think I'll sponge without it again. 

I used the trees from the Rooted In Nature stamp set and the "green" on the front was made using the lilypad die in the "Lilypad dies" set (get it FREE from the 2020 SAB catalog with a qualifying purchase).

Shop here for this bundle and receive a FREE PDF with instructions, dimensions and supplies. Shop here for all the products used in this card. 


Clubhouse Bundle
#153816

Rooted In Nature stamp set
#146482

 
Lilypad dies
SAB
 
Country Club DSP
#151314
Garden Green cardstock
#102584



Whisper White cardstock
#100730


Crumb Cake cardstock
#120953


Stampin' Sponges
#141337

Night of Navy Stampin' Blends Light
#144036




Smokey Slate  Stampin' Blends Light
#145054


Petal Pink Stampin' Blends Light
146866


Soft Seafoam Stampin' Blends Light
#148057


Basic Black Stampin' Blends Light
#147940


Soft Suede Stampin Blends Light
#147115



Soft Suede
#147115



Balmy Blue
#147105


Old Olive
#147090


Pear Pizzaz
#147104


Black Tuxedo Memento
#132708


Night of Navy
#147110







2 comments:

  1. Love your card. I was looking for a golf birthday card for my husband. This is perfect! Do you mind if i copy it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card. I was looking for a golf birthday card for my husband. This is perfect! Do you mind if i copy it?

    ReplyDelete

Tips on Organizing new stamp sets & dies/bundles and using Pinterest

 Not being organized makes me go in a tizzy!  I like to be able to put my hands on a stamp set when I'm creating a card.  Looking for a ...