Friday, August 24, 2018

Holiday Preview: "Beautiful Blizzard", so many options!

If you know me, you know I don't sleep well.  So this morning in the wee hours, I got up and started to putter around in my craft room, putting way my new things from the Holiday catalog. 

I got to the Beautiful Blizzard bundle I got some ideas that I just had to try out with the Blizzard Thinlet!  Let me show you!






Alternative ways to use the die:

Looking at these two cards you can see that I used the positive and negative images. 

Card 1: On a 4 x 5 piece of card stock, which is the size of the Thinlet, I adhered a piece of our Adhesive Sheet to the whole piece of Shimmer cardstock. Then I ran it through the Big Shot.  I ran it through a couple time.  It was early so my brain was still in a bit of a fog.  It wouldn't cut through the backing of the Adhesive sheet.  Then the light bulb came on!  Duh! the adhesive was on the snowflakes, I didn't need to punch them out.   So I peeled them off and place them on the Balmy Blue cardstock in about the same place that they are on the die.  That card is on the left. I even used the little tiny dots that were left behind.  (Note to self, buy that new "Take Your Pick Tool", pg 30 in the Holiday Catalog!)
Card 2: I peeled off the Adhesive backing off the remaining negative 
sheet of Shimmer cardstock and placed in another piece of Balmy Blue.  Some of the snowflakes don't have centers so I placed rhinestones in the center of each snowflake.  Great way to get two cards out of one piece of cardstock.  I love saving paper, don't you!


Card 3:  I used the Blizzard Thinlet as an embossing die with the Embossing Mat (a new item in the annual catalog page 221, expanding your use of your Thinlits and Framelits) and a piece of silver foil. Don't you just love the beautiful embossed image!  I used a little retired ribbon and black for the card base.



Card 4: On a piece of Night of Navy, I used the Blizzard die and some of our White Shimmer Embossing Paste.  Smooth the embossing paste across the back with a pallet knife.  Gently lift the die off of the paper after applying the embossing paste and let it sit for 5-10 minutes to dry.
  • Notes: 
    • 1. Make sure you put the cutting side down when applying the embossing paste.
    • 2. Make sure that the glue/tape residue is removed from the Thinlet, the sticky stuff that remains when you pull the die off the cardstock that it's attached to when you receive it.  I didn't and it ruined my first piece of cardstock.
    • Clean your die immediately after applying the embossing paste.  I just ran it underneath a little warm water and then dried it off with soft towel.

And to think I bought this set because of all the beautiful snowflakes and it would cut bunches all at once!

I can't show you an image from the catalog until September 5, but I did take my own photos so I could upload it into my Evernote. These photos don't really do justice to the set. 







I love to hear how you like these ideas.  Which one do you like best? 

Thanks for stopping by!

Artwork: Stampin' Up!©

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tips on Organizing new stamp sets & dies/bundles and using Pinterest

 Not being organized makes me go in a tizzy!  I like to be able to put my hands on a stamp set when I'm creating a card.  Looking for a ...