Thursday, August 23, 2018

August Card #2: Hand Delivered - Happy Birthday!

For my classes I like to include at least one fun card and birthday's are always popular cards. 

This set is called "Hand Delivered" and is a host set that can be earned.  This stamp set looked so fun when I saw it in the catalog I new I had to have it. I have seen several cute cards with this set.  


If you are someone that loves to color, this one is for you.  It's a very simple card that even a young child could make and uses just a few supplies.  

I tried coloring the balloons first with watercolor pencils and blender pen, but when I went to make the white curve on the balloons the gel pen that it didn't want to play well with the Blender pen finish. So I used my Stampin' Blends.  

On the legs and arms I used the  Pumpkin Pie Blender Pen and then used the Color Lifter, moving it across the Pumpkin Pie to make it lighter.  This makes the Stampin' Blends so much more versatile!  New colors were added in the new catalog!  Can't wait to get a few more! I also used one of the new In Colors for the pink balloons, Lovely Lipstick!

It's hard to tell but I used a Wink of Stella on the balloons to give them a little sparkle and who doesn't like a little sparkle!  Especially on a birthday card. 

The Washi tape is retired, but you could use whatever you have on hand. 

Here are the supplies, which you can purchase here.


Hand Delivered (Host Set)
#146808
 
 

 
Pool Party #122924
 

 

 
Whisper White
#100730
 
Memento Ink
#132708
 
Daffodil Delight - Light, Stampin' Blends
#144586
 
Lovely Lipstick - Light, Stampin' Blends
 
Old Olive - Light, Stampin' Blends
#144574
 
Pool Party - Light, Stampin' Blends
#144595
 
Pumpkin Pie - Light, Stampin' Blends
#144578
 
Color Lifter, Stampin' Blends
#144608
 
Snail
#104332
 
Wink of Stella
#141897


Images: Stampin' Up! ©

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tips on Organizing new stamp sets & dies/bundles and using Pinterest

 Not being organized makes me go in a tizzy!  I like to be able to put my hands on a stamp set when I'm creating a card.  Looking for a ...