Friday, August 24, 2018

August Card #3 : Abstract Impressions - Thank You!

In a recent post I shared with you another card using the Abstract Impressions stamp set, which I CASE'd from the catalog  As I said then, I fell in love with this set! That also goes for the Designer Series Paper that coordinates with this bundle, Garden Impressions.


As you can see, this uses 3/4 of the paper for the card base as what we normally use.
I cut the paper to the normal size 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" and then cut 2 inches off the top flap.

It's a very simple card to make, and you could make several to give as a set.  One thing I would mention, when making the sentiment layer, stamp the sentiment first and the stamp the flowers around the sentiment.  A couple of people kinda ran out of room.  :-)

For the largest flower stamp, I stamped off once and then stamped in on the oval, then I did a 3rd generation stamp on the oval too.  I didn't see any right or wrong way for the second stamp with the darker highlights.  Usually there is an arrow on the stamp itself to show direction, but it wasn't really evident to me.

I cut a doily in half to layer behind the ovals. The one I used is retired, but you could use what you have on hand or cut a larger white oval and maybe emboss it. 

For the leaf I used a scrap of Pear Pizzaz.  To give it a little dimension, I took the handle end of my Paper Piercer and ran it down the center of the leaf, while laying on my Paper Pierce Mat. 

Hope you like this one!

Here are the supplies, which you can purchase here.


Abstract Impressions
#147513
 
 
Garden Impressions DSP
#146289


 
Layering Ovals
#141706


 
Stitched Shapes
#145372


 
Melon Mambo cardstock
#115320
 
Whisper White cardstock
#100730
 
Pear Pizzaz ink
#147104
 
Melon Mambo ink
#147051
 
Snail
#104332
 
Leaf Punch
#144667


Images and Artwork: Stampin' Up!©

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tips on Organizing new stamp sets & dies/bundles and using Pinterest

 Not being organized makes me go in a tizzy!  I like to be able to put my hands on a stamp set when I'm creating a card.  Looking for a ...