Monday, February 20, 2017

Sweet Sundae Confection with Suite Sentiments

Has this ever happened to you?  Get a great idea for a card right before you  wake up?  Well, that's what happened to me.  I'm not sure what triggered it.  Food has been on my mind lately since I found out that I have a gluten intolerance, so no ice cream cones.  :-(  But I woke up with the concept of an ice cream sundae with a sundae cup made with vellum and using my scallop punch for the top and bottom of the cup.  That's all I had.

After a few hours, of trial and error and one more night's sleep this is my card:


First I made a template for the glass body and the glass foot.  I had a little trouble getting the scallops to come out without little edges and the angle of the glass.  Finally I got it to work.  The glass is made of vellum. I also tried to use some acetate but the acetate wouldn't punch.  I even tried a retired edgelit on the acetate but it wouldn't cut through.  So I went back to the vellum. 





I used a 3" x 4" piece of vellum for the glass and a 1-3/4" x 2" piece of vellum for the foot of the glass.  When I punched the scallops I made sure the leading edge was just a little in from the beginning of the scallop punch so that I would get a whole scallop. I then drew a line, at an angle toward the base of the glass.  I used the bottom part of the glass to use as a guide for the top of the foot and then angle that out wider to the scallop for the base.

I used a 1-1/2" circle punch for the ice cream and embossed them with the Softly Falling embossing folder.  The colors I chose for the ice cream scoops are Pear Pizzazz, a retired pink and Early Espresso.  The DSP layer is a beautiful, soft color from Fruit Stand.  It has some variegation to it which I love! The white base is dry embossed with the Confetti folder. 

I wanted a "sweet" saying so I searched my stash and low and behold I found one that I just bought from the Occasions catalog!  Suite Sentiments.  This set might be a little overlooked, but it has a lot of wonderful little sentiments.  It's on page 54 of the 2017 Occasions catalog. It also coordinates with the Love Note's Framelits, also from the same catalog.


The spoon is from last year's Occasions Catalog, Cups and Kettles Framelits, and I die cut from foil.

The front sentiment is stamped and then die cut with the Stitched Shapes smallest circle and then another circle is punched out of the same DSP with the 1-1/2" circle punch. They are all stamped with Early Espresso.

I used a bit of the same DSP for a 1/4" strip for the bottom inside of the card.  I really love this DSP, I'm going to have to find another card to make with it. 

A couple little commercials

If you like this card it is available for purchase through my Etsy Store, CottageLaneStamper, along with many others:   https://www.etsy.com/shop/CottageLaneStamper?ref=hdr_shop_menu

Sale-a-Bration is still going on for another 40 days! It ends March 31. Don' miss out on the best deals of the year.  For every $50 you get to choose a free item from the Sale-a-Bration catalog!  It's also the best time of year to become a demonstrator, if only to earn the discounts. 

Also, for my customers, whether online or in person, I have a rewards program.  For every $30 you spend, you receive a punch on your rewards card!  After 10 punches you get $10 off your next order. That's cash money and who doesn't like that!   Couple that with your Sale-a-brations purchases, well, like the sundae, it's just one good thing on top of another! 

To purchase the supplies please click here: 
https://www.stampinup.com/ecweb/default.aspx


 
Suite Sentiments
#142971
 
Stitched Shapes
#145372
 
 

 
Cups & Kettles
Retired
 
Confetti Embossing Folder
#140392
 
 
Softly Falling Embossing Folder
#139672


Fruit Stand DSP
#141660

 
 
Silver Foil
#132178
 
Vellum
#101856

 
 
Flirty Flamingo
#141416
 
Early Espresso
#119686
 
Pear Pizzazz
#131201
 
Whisper White
#110730
 
#126974
 
1-1/2" Circle Punch
#138299
 
Tear & Tape
#138995
 
Snail
#104332
Images © Stampin' Up!

 I would love to hear your comments and questions!

Till we meet again!  May God bless you and yours!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tips on Organizing new stamp sets & dies/bundles and using Pinterest

 Not being organized makes me go in a tizzy!  I like to be able to put my hands on a stamp set when I'm creating a card.  Looking for a ...