Sunday, February 12, 2017

Mini Gift Bag CASing Paper Pumpkin's

I mentioned in a previous post that I wanted to make these little gift bags for my grandsons for Valentines.  I loved the one that they had in January Paper Pumpkin, but it was a little too girly for them.

This was Paper Pumpkins.  I tried to make one with my Gift Bag Punch board but I couldn't modify the punching and scoring.  So instead, I took this one apart and created a template.


I used a scrap piece of paper that was fairly thick. The piece of cardboard that comes in your DSP would work great too.  I didn't think of that first but this worked.  It measures 6-1/4" x 5-1/4" (The note says 6-1/2" but I ended up trimming 1/4" off). 

I traced the notches onto the cardstock that I was using.  .  Then, using my paper trimmer, scored it.  On the bottom where the notches are I scored up from the 1". Opposite from that on the top, I scored it at 1/2"  The left side, where it is notched is 1/4" from the side.

The score lines where notches are (long side)  1/4", 2-3/8", 3-5/8" & 5-3/8".
Short side are 1/4" and 4-1/4".    If that makes it easier to understand.

Then I burnished the score lines.  Used Tear & Tape on the side flap and attached that to the opposite side.  Then I folded in the bottom flaps and secured the bottom, also with Tear & Tape. 

This is the final product:



I used some retired DSP that is textured.  The banners are 1-1/4" (Silver Foil) and 1" wide DSP. The heart is punched with my Sweetheart punch and the sentiment is from Sealed with Love (of course!)

I didn't photograph the back.  The top is folded over and sealed with a Glue Dot on a small foil heart that I punched out.

Inside I put some mini M&M's bagged in one of our Cellophane bags that are 2" x 8".  I secured the top with a length of red ribbon and snipped off the excess on the top. 


Here is Paper Pumpkin's and mine, side by side:



Supplies:

All Supplies can be purchased in my online store and shipped directly to you.  If you do not have a Stampin' Up! demonstrator I would be honored to be given the opportunity to be  yours.  Here's a link to my store:  https://www.stampinup.com/ecweb/default.aspx


 
Sealed with Love
#142815


 
Silver Foil
#132178


 
Triple Banner Punch
#138292


 
Sending Love DSP
#142733
 

 
Cellophane Bags 2" x 8"
#141703


 
Real Red Cardstock
#102482


 
Mini Glue Dots
#103683


 
Tear & Tape
#138995


Imaged © Stampin' Up!


If you have any questions or comments would love to hear from you!

Til we meet again. Take care and my God bless you and yours.

1 comment:

Tips on Organizing new stamp sets & dies/bundles and using Pinterest

 Not being organized makes me go in a tizzy!  I like to be able to put my hands on a stamp set when I'm creating a card.  Looking for a ...